Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed, during the busy week. This includes the latest videos from our content team and featured articles from the staff.
Sports Gaming News
- Luka Doncic Teams Up With 2K Foundations to Refurbish His Childhood Courts
- NBA 2K22 MyCAREER, The City and More Details
- MLB The Show 21: Ranked Seasons 6 Includes Eric Davis and Josh Donaldson
- NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed – MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes, Badges & More
- NBA NOW 22 Announced For Mobile Devices, Pre-Registration Open Now
- August Monthly Awards Program Features Robbie Ray
- Generations Event Adds Three New Future Stars Players
- FIFA 22 Pro Clubs Trailer
- Headliners Set 36 Signature Series Minnie Minoso
- The Crew 2: US Speed Tour West Available Now
- Forza Horizon 5 Confirmed Car List – More to Be Revealed Prior to Launch
- Madden NFL 22 Free-to-Play Trial Starts September 9 Through September 12
- Rocket League 2021 NFL Fan Pass Available Today
- Gran Turismo 7 Release Date March 4, 2022 – New 3 Minute Trailer
- 15 Things We Just Learned From The New Gran Turismo 7 Trailer
- Gran Turismo 7: Car List, Track List, Updates, Videos, Screens, and More
- Madden NFL 22 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now
- Hot Wheels Unleashed Customization Trailer
- Football Manager 2022 Announced, Release Date November 9 – Day One on Xbox Game Pass
- FIFA 22 VOLTA Football Trailer
- How NHL 22 Superstar X-Factors Work Across Different Modes – New Mode Features Revealed
- MLB The Show 21 – Team Affinity 4 Program and Players
- Signature Series Clayton Kershaw Collection Added to Diamond Dynasty
- NHL 22 Franchise Mode and Be a Pro Details Coming on October 4
- F1 2021 Free Trial Available Through The Weekend For Xbox, PlayStation & Steam
- Knockout City Update 2.1 Available – Patch Notes
- Collegiate Rocket League Returns in October
Operation Sports Videos
In this video, Matt explores the rumors suggesting GM Mode is a lock for WWE 2K22, and he also touches on five things we need to see for the mode to feel more modern. We know the release date was pushed back, so we have not seen much yet from WWE 2K22, so this is the time for speculation to run rampant.
In this video, we take a look at the overall player ratings for every player in NBA 2K22. Be on the lookout for NBA 2K22 gameplay videos and more in the next day or two. Because we didn’t get much of a gameplay trailer, these videos on PS5 and Xbox Series X are more important than some of the other stuff out there right now.
Operation Sports Featured Articles
WRC is a series that has seen its peaks and valleys, but since 2018, it has added some additions to the driving and physics model that have been well received by both critics and fans alike. WRC 10 coincides with the release of the 50th anniversary of Rally Championship excellence and goes so far as to embed an entire mode dedicated to the celebration and history of the series. The developers also promised to tweak the driving physics again, create a more accessible game, and deliver a brand-new livery creator suite. So, with all that being said, let’s get into my WRC 10 review.
The release of a new Madden game every year is accompanied by certain things that we’ve come to expect from the game’s community like clockwork: YouTube videos outlining money plays that you can use to confuse the AI defense, videos of hilarious and infuriating glitches occurring on the field that will require patches to fix, and an outcry from people proclaiming that this year’s Madden is the worst one ever. On the other hand, there are others who might be playing a Madden game for the very first time or are returning to the series after a long hiatus, and they will make posts about how amazing the game looks and feels from a fresh perspective.
We’re about three weeks away from getting our hands on the eFootball 2022 demo, which drops on September 30. Up until this point, all we’ve seen are two poorly made trailers that, if we’re being honest, have done more to hurt the game than help it. As certain members of the press are getting closed-door access to the game, two gameplay videos have emerged. Now, it’s important to note that there are often fake videos that leak around this time of the gaming cycle. Just last week we were privy to one which was obviously some PC-modded version of an older PES game. However, these “leaked” videos seem to have gotten the okay from Konami as they are still up on YouTube.
We may not be able to play the game, but thankfully AEW was kind enough to reveal a new character and some minor details on their pre-existing AEW Elite General Manager mobile game. If you’re interested in watching AEW’s recent 2.0 reveal, the video is here.
It has been almost a full year since I last discussed Legend Bowl by Super Pixel Games, and while initially released under the “early access” category on Steam, the developer has been hard at work not only refining the core gameplay but implementing improvements and adding new content into the game. If you followed my early preview, then you know full well how impressed I was with the “simcade” style offering from King Javo and Super Pixel Games. The amount of detail and football acumen layered throughout and underneath the cute 8-bit pixelated little football characters was quite impressive to me. Now the title has finally had the “early access” tag removed and is a full-fledged retail release on Steam. But does a year’s worth of development work mean the game is in a better position? Let’s find out in this Legend Bowl review.
We’ll see you again next Sunday with more sports gaming news, videos and featured articles.