EA SPORTS has released new information on how Superstar X-Factors work across all of NHL 22’s different modes. Here are a few key details to know about the modes in NHL 22:
- Superstar X-Factors in Modes:
- Hockey Ultimate Team: Power-up items that start players off with one X-Factor ability and let them unlock abilities as they progress
- World of CHEL: Play in any World of Chel Mode to unlock X-Factor Abilities to assign to your customized player
- Be a Pro: Earn and equip X-Factor abilities to shape players and advance their pro career
- Franchise Mode: New X-Factor reports allow scouting of both pro and amateur X-Factors. X-Factors contribute to line chemistry, influence trade values of players and are integrated with Fog of War.
Play as your favorite players now with their Superstar ❌-Factor abilities in #NHL22 HUT! 🏒🎮
Learn more 👉 https://t.co/lKkeaoQ1qs
Stay tuned for more info coming in our HUT Deep Dive on October 6 🗓️ pic.twitter.com/SenB3JKHE3
— EA SPORTS NHL (@EASPORTSNHL) September 9, 2021
- New Mode Features:
- Hockey Ultimate Team: Introducing customizable synergies—unlock and choose synergies for upgradeable players to maximize the ultimate team’s performance.
- World of CHEL:
- Customize Player Classes: More tools to fine tune your playing style by being able to adjust attribute points as well as topping it off with powerful X-Factor Abilities
- Revamped World of CHEL Hub: Access game modes, player customization, clubs, rewards, challenges and stats more quickly than ever in a completely new hub.
- New Party Flow: Invite friends and hang out anywhere in the World of CHEL Hub. Migrate from one game mode to another without having to party up again.
- EASHL Club Arenas: If a player’s EASHL Club has a custom arena, it’ll be your home base in the World of CHEL Hub.
- Be a Pro: New multi-season storylines and challenges offer longer term goals like building a dynasty early in a player’s career like Sidney Crosby, or winning consecutive Cups on different teams like Patrick Maroon.
- Franchise Mode: Celebrating the arrival of the Seattle Kraken, players can now have an expansion draft for the 33rd NHL team.
Here’s a look at the NHL 22 schedule of events prior to release.
- September 28 – First Full Gameplay of NHL 22
- October 4 – Be A Pro and Franchise Mode
- October 6 – Hockey Ultimate Team
The Standard Edition of NHL 22 releases on October 15 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. The X-Factor Edition launches 3 days earlier and includes bonus in-game content. The NHL 22 trial arrives for EA Play and Xbox Game Pass on October 7.