Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed, during the busy week. This includes the latest videos from our content team and featured articles from the staff.
Sports Gaming News
- NHL 22 World of Chel Video and Details
- NHL 22 Closed Technical Test is Live
- NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed – Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting, Finishing, Badges & More
- Madden NFL 22 Adds Campus Legends in Superstar KO Multiplayer Mode
- Signature Series Adam Wainwright Added to 6th Inning Program
- Headliners Set 34 Future Stars Andrew Vaughn
- Events Now in MLB The Show 21 Features Topps Now Jose Altuve and Yu Darvish
- Full List of Stadiums Revealed For FIFA 22
- Hot Wheels Unleashed Reveals Post-Launch Plans
- Assetto Corsa Mobile Launches Today For iOS Devices
- SnowRunner Year 2 Pass Details and Trailer
- EA Sports PGA TOUR Adds FedEx Cup, Playoff and Events – Will Be Implemented in Career Mode
- September Daily Moments Program Includes Evolution Damon, Milestone Cy Young
- NBA 2K22 Features Every NBA Public Address Announcer In-Game
- DIRT 5 Wild Spirits Content Pack and Patch 6.00 Available Today
- WRC 10 Sound Recording Developer Diary and DLC Roadmap Revealed
- Asphalt 9: Legends Launches on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One Today
- NBA 2K22 MyTEAM Includes MyTEAM Draft, Community Logos and Much More
- eFootball 2022 Launches on September 30 – Free on PC and Consoles
- Topps Now August Moments (Week 5) – We Out Here Jumping Sharks
- Headliners Set 35 Awards Alex Bregman
- Madden NFL 22 Patch #2 Available – Gameplay Tuning, NFL Authenticity Updates & More – Patch Notes
- FIFA 22 Gameplay Video – Fnatic Tekkz vs. Tom Leese
- eSports Boxing Club Adds Nine More to the Roster
- Wizards District Gaming Wins 2021 NBA 2K League Championship – Back to Back Titles
Operation Sports Videos
People want to see what NBA 2K22 is updating on the gameplay front since 2K has said just about nothing to this point. We know we’re finally getting news in the near future, but I’m mostly chill about the whole situation. Now, that’s partly because I come in with my own set of biases and desires for this year’s game. I’m not looking to be blown away because NBA 2K21 next-gen gameplay was closer to what I wanted than most of the prior 2Ks from the PS4/Xbox One generation. I say that as someone who mostly plays “sim-minded” folks in online leagues rather than random-room 5-out mad men or tons of offline games in MyNBA.
In this video, Prince takes a look at the NBA 2K22 gameplay updates that were shared earlier this week by the 2K team. The NBA 2K22 gameplay updates were just one of a couple updates this week, with the most positively received one certainly being the introduction of real PA announcers for every NBA team.
Operation Sports Featured Articles
While franchise mode in Madden games had been stuck in a bit of a holding pattern in recent years without much in the way of new features or wrinkles, there was undoubtedly a shift that happened last year that provided some hope. With the community rallying behind the #FixMaddenFranchise hashtag on social media (inspired by our own contributor Brian Mazique), developers of the game were finally forced to take notice of the massive outcry and give some much-needed attention to the mode in the present and future, which started with Madden 21 and now leads us to Madden 22 franchise mode.
When EA Sports first announced it would be developing a single-player story mode years back, I was excited. That excitement has slowly faded away over the years after multiple swings and misses. That said, it wasn’t until EA released Face of the Franchise: QB1 for Madden 20 where I finally started to see the game mode take a step in the right direction. But, unfortunately, that promising step with QB1 took a step back last year with Madden 21’s sequel: Face of the Franchise.
It’s a busy time of the year for soccer enthusiasts. Domestic leagues across the globe have kicked off, albeit they are on a brief hiatus for World Cup Qualifiers. The transfer window ceremoniously closed this past week only increasing excitement levels for gamers to get their hands on a new soccer title. While some of us have taken a preemptive bite from the FIFA 22 apple, eFootball has been slowly releasing information leading up to its release. We teased some of the information yesterday here so naturally it’s time to dive in!
We’ll see you again next Sunday with more sports gaming news, videos and featured articles.