Konami has announced eFootball 2022 will launch on September 30 for PC and consoles for free. Future content updates and game modes will be a mixed bag of free and premium options.
At launch, eFootball 2022 will have the following features:
- Match – Authentic – Take control of teams to play against other users.
- Trial Matches – Play offline matches against human or AI opponents, using the following teams:
- FC Barcelona
- FC Bayern Munchen
- Manchester United
- Sao Paulo
- River Plate
- Many more Authentic Teams will be added as part of the upcoming autumn update. These can then be used as base teams for building your Creative Team. There will then be a further update in winter, where users can enjoy Match – Authentic with all the available teams.
- Events – Play online PvP matches and complete mission objectives to earn rewards.
- Cross-Gen Matches – Naturally, you will be able to play matches against users on the same console as you. On top of that, you will be able to play against users on other generations of the same console, e.g. PlayStation 5 users vs. PlayStation 4 users or Xbox Series X|S users vs. Xbox One users.
The team is preparing to release their first free update this autumn to include the following:
- Creative Teams – select your base team from over 600 licensed clubs
- New match modes
- New player types – all the way from Standard to Legendary
- More details can be seen here
A small sample of future updates will include:
- Edit Mode
- PlayStation 5 haptic feedback and adaptive trigger support
- Advanced ball trapping
- Power Pass, Power Shot and other special kicks
- Mobile controller support
- Full cross-platform matchmaking (PC, console and mobile)
- More details can be seen here
KG has posted plenty of eFootball 2022 details, so check that out here if you need to read more.
Mobile fans will receive an update to the existing eFootball PES 2021 app this autumn as well. Here are some of the new features:
Players in eFootball 2022 will have a set duration for their contracts. This duration continues until midnight (UTC), 365 days after the player was signed. Players whose contracts have expired will not be removed. However, you will not be able to develop them any further, and they will not be able to participate in certain types of matches. Players with contracts which have expired can gain an extension using a “Contract Renewal (60 Days)” item. This will extend the duration of the contract until midnight (UTC), 60 days after using the item.
The four match types are Tour Event, Challenge Event, Online Quick Match and Online Match Lobby. Players whose contract has not expired can be used in any of these match types. (However, some matches may limit participation to players that meet certain conditions.) If a player’s contract has expired, he can still be used in Online Quick Match and Online Match Lobby.
There will be four player types altogether: Standard, Trending, Featured, and Legendary. The way you sign players will vary by type. For example, GP can only be used to sign Standard players, but eFootball 2022 will allow you to choose specific players to sign to your team. Naturally, the amount of GP needed will vary by player.
Trending players have their stats based on a high level performance they had during a given time period. This means they are ready to be used at their peak performance from the moment you sign them. The caveat, however, is that they can’t be trained further, which means you won’t be able to customize them.
Standard, Featured, and Legendary players can be customized according to your personal tastes and needs. These players start out with modest stats compared to Trending players, but they have room to grow through stats boost and added skills. If you take the time to train these players well, they may end up contributing more to your wins than even your strongest Trending player!