Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed, during the busy week. This includes the latest videos from our content team and featured articles from the staff.
Sports Gaming News
- Riders Republic Beta Arrives on August 23 – Register Now
- F1 Mobile Racing Update Coming Soon – Updated Graphics, Cars, Teams & More For 2021 Season
- MLB The Show 21: Battle Royale Season 6 Program Includes Aroldis and Musial
- NHL 22 Reveal Trailer Coming August 19 (Teaser Added) – Any Expectations or Predictions?
- Rocket League Getting 120 FPS Mode Today on PlayStation 5
- NBA 2K22 Player Ratings Slowly Being Revealed – Plenty of Screenshots
- NASCAR and Formula 1 Drivers Face Off in Rocket League Speed Demon Showdown Today
- Milestone Ryan Zimmerman Added to 5th Inning Program
- Hard 90 Event Delivers Milestone Bruce Sutter and Signature Series Ozzie Smith
- NHL 22 Moves to Frostbite Engine, Adds Superstar X-Factors – Trailer & Details
- Topps Now August Moments (Week 3) Feature Tyler Gilbert
- MLB The Show 21 – Headliners Set 31 Milestone Jason Kendall
- NHL 22 Cover Athlete Auston Matthews, Release Date Set For October 15
- NHL 22 Trial Coming to EA Play on October 7 – Here’s Some New Screenshots
- MLB The Show Companion App Announced – Preview Starts Today
- WWE 2K22 Details Coming at Summer Slam, New Screenshots of Edge Revealed
- FIFA 22 VOLTA Football Details Revealed
- WRC 10 Features a Brand New Livery Editor – Watch the Trailer
- Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions Arrives on September 3 – Gameplay Trailer
- New NBA 2K22 Details Have Been Revealed – Shot Aiming is Gone, Improved Defensive Mechanic, Dribbling Improvements & Much More
- WWE 2K22 Releases in March 2022 – Teaser Trailer Revealed
Operation Sports Featured Articles
If I had to choose, I’d say my favorite level is the pool. Not only are you able to get some real speed, but it also has a ladder that you can air out over or smash into if you’re not too careful. Overall, this level has been the one I’ve found myself wasting the most hours on. Maybe it’s the insane speed you can get by pumping back and forth, or maybe this is what I consider to be the best representation of vert-skating.
Stills, especially when shown in video games, are often enhanced and rarely reflect what we actually see during gameplay. However, the little gameplay action we saw looked just as bad in motion as it did when at a standstill. Also of note is that eFootballwon’t be available in 120Hz, a major selling point of the next-gen consoles. Without getting into the weeds, there’s a good article on TechRadar that covers the basics of refresh rates and frames per second, as well as this cool little test here. It’s unknown at this time what FIFA 22 will offer in terms of these visual enhancements, but the overall trend towards 120Hz and 60 fps is something the community wants and expects given the power of consoles and high-end gaming PCs.
It might be a bit of a surprise to find a team that finished just 8-8 last season being listed among my “eight teams with the best foundations,” but there’s no denying the impression that they’re trending in the right direction thanks in large part to the steady development of their young quarterback Kyler Murray. They’ve continued to surround him with some viable weapons as well, following up the acquisition of DeAndre Hopkins prior to last season with the addition of A.J. Green and running back James Conner this past offseason.
It is that time of year again as football fans eagerly await the release of their sole choice for NFL bliss on console and PC. This year feels a bit different though as the folks at EA Sports in charge of the Madden 22 franchise mode have promised big changes, so that of course that plays into this Madden 22 review. Fans have waited a very long time to hear that sort of promise from EA, so I spent a lot of time in franchise mode for this review, but fear not, I’ll cover much more than just that, so let’s dig into things here.
We’ll see you again next Sunday with more sports gaming news, videos and featured articles.