Announced last week, the NBA 2K League qualifying will take place from January 1 through January 31. Today the team revealed their official logo, along with a few more details and FAQ.
The official logo for the NBA 2K League has been revealed, along with some more details and FAQ.
- The NBA 2K League logo incorporates the colors and shape of the NBA logo and the font of the NBA 2K logo.
- Absent is a human silhouette, which speaks to the inclusive nature of the league and the opportunity for any type of player to try out – young or old, male or female, based domestically or abroad.
- A basketball was selected as the centerpiece of the design as it represents the common thread between all NBA 2K players.
- All 17 teams will unveil their logos later this week.
- The logos were designed by branding agency RARE Design of Hattiesburg, Miss.
WHAT IS THE NBA 2K LEAGUE?
The NBA 2K League is a joint venture between the NBA and Take Two Interactive, publishers of NBA 2K. It is a professional esports league featuring the best 2K players in the world.
HOW CAN I TRY OUT FOR THE LEAGUE?
The NBA 2K League Qualifier will take place in January and will be the first step towards getting an invitation to our second stage of tryouts in February. The first stage of qualifying for the NBA 2K League will take place from January 1-31, 2018. Players need to win 50 games in NBA 2K18’s Pro-Am mode and complete an online application by January 31. The January qualifying stage is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and is 18 or older. Players can compete as a walk-on, part of a team or a combination of both.
WHEN IS THE SEASON? HOW WILL IT WORK?
The inaugural season tips off in May 2018 and will run through August. Prior to the season beginning, there will be tryouts in February and a draft in March.
WHAT IS THE AGE REQUIREMENT TO PLAY IN THE LEAGUE?
All players will need to be 18 years and older to participate in the tryout and be drafted to the league.
HOW MANY TEAMS ARE PARTICIPATING?
There are 17 NBA teams participating in the inaugural season.
HOW ARE GAMES PLAYED?
Each NBA 2K League team will feature players competing as unique characters in 5v5 gameplay.
WILL THE GAMES BE BROADCAST?
Yes, games will be available to watch and the league is currently in media rights discussions.
WHERE WILL THE GAMES BE PLAYED?
For the inaugural season, all games will be played in one or two central studios.
HOW MUCH WILL PLAYERS BE PAID? WILL THERE BE A SALARY CAP/SIGNING BONUSES?
All players will be paid a guaranteed, competitive salary, and they will have benefits as well as housing.