NBA 2K League Managing Director Brendan Donohue has announced the NBA 2K League Qualifier, which is the first step for prospective players to try out for the league.
The first stage of qualifying for the NBA 2K League will take place from Jan. 1-31, 2018.
- Players need to win 50 games in NBA 2K18’s Pro-Am mode and complete an online application by January 31
o Players can compete as a walk-on, part of a team or a combination
o Pro-Am mode is played 5-on-5
o Winning more than 50 games does not increase a player’s standing
- Players who meet these requirements in January can be invited to the next round of tryouts in February
- The January qualifying stage is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and is 18 or older
o There will be no centralized physical tryouts
- After the final round of tryouts in February, the best players will be selected for the draft which will take place in March
- Each of the 17 teams participating in the inaugural season will draft five players who will live in-market during the season
- The season tips off in May 2018, with games taking place in one or two central studios for the inaugural season