THQ Nordic has released a new Wreckfest PlayStation 5 trailer today, showing off the added enhancements in the game. Here’s a quick list.
- Dynamic dirt on vehicles
- Improved shadows, particles, and environment lighting
- Higher resolution textures
- Increased amount of foliage
- New visual effects for skidmarks
- DualSense haptic effects
- Much faster loading times
Expect epic crashes, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line and brand-new ways for metal to bend – These are the once-in-a-lifetime moments that can only be achieved in Wreckfest, with its true-to-life physics simulation crafted by legendary developer Bugbear, who also brought you FlatOut 1, 2 and Ultimate Carnage. Burn rubber and shred metal in the ultimate driving playground!
- Awesome Cars – Old, banged-up, patched-together cars that simply ooze style. From old American heavy-hitters to agile Europeans and fun Asians, you won’t find anything like this in other games.
- Meaningful Customization – Change not only the look of your cars but also upgrade their body armor.
- Receive free updates that add new tracks and tournament challenges with unique rewards.
- Multiplayer – Wreck your friends online and take racing to the limit while chasing for demolition dominance.
PlayStation Plus subscribers can download a digital copy of Wreckfest for free, starting on May 4 for the PlayStation 5. The PlayStation 5 update is still scheduled to arrive on June 1.
Yes, PS Plus members will get the game on May 4th, everyone else can buy or upgrade to the PS5 version on June 1st.
— THQ Nordic (@THQNordic) April 29, 2021