THQ Nordic has introduced super trucks in their latest Wreckfest tournament and added a new track called Rattlesnake Racepark. The team also released the Off-Road Car Pack DLC and a new patch.
This time around we’re unleashing something very special: super truck racing! It’s something that many of you have been hoping to see in Wreckfest, and for a good reason too since combining the destruction oriented gameplay of Wreckfest with powerful trucks shredding the dirt is really a match made in heaven. The main event of the “Super Truck Showdown” has powerful off-road trucks ripping the dirt and battling for the win on a bumpy off-road track winding its way along treacherous mountain slopes of the fresh out of the oven Rattlesnake Racepark venue, with monthly events offering even more opportunities to experience the excitement of super truck racing on both dirt and tarmac. As a cherry on top, in case you happen to be a fan of base game cars, you have all the reason to be excited because the tournament shop has a new off-road racing themed bundle for Hotshot, an old fan-favorite!
The Off-Road Car Pack DLC features three new unique rides and it’s included with Season Pass 2.
- Trooper: This legendary American beast is built to last, and will take you to off-road hell and back without breaking a sweat.
- Trophy Runner: This custom-built super truck will give anything a run for its money on dirt.
- Sandstorm: This mean machine eats dirt like there’s no tomorrow, and excels on twisty off-road tracks with tight corners.
As mentioned, the team has released another patch to go along with the latest updates. Check out the patch notes below.
- Added support for the new DLC pack “Off-Road Car Pack” containing three new cars: Sandstorm, Trooper and Trophy Hunter.
- Added a new track with forward and reverse layouts: Rattlesnake Racepark.
Server admins note: the internal designations for the routes are fields14_1 (forward layout) and fields14_2 (reverse).
- Introducing new tournament: Super Truck Showdown.
- New tournament shop bundle “Dirtshot” for Hotshot.
- (XB1) The title no longer crashes to the Xbox Home screen when selecting Quick Match after resuming from connected standby in a pre-game lobby.
- (XB1) The title no longer crashes after attempting to enter Custom Event on Hill Street Circuit Race during streaming installation.
- (XB1) The title no longer occasionally crashes to the Xbox Home screen when entering a career event.
- Speedie is now slightly weaker.
- Starbeast SS is now more competitive.
- Stepvan gearbox tuning options now work correctly.
- Hammerhead RS AI Player now handles the car better.
- Little Thrasher AI Player now appears correctly in Class B as well.
- Fixed mismatched rear wheels of Gorbie Class C AI Player vehicle.
- Starbeast SS “Same As Player”now correctly spawns AI Players with Starbeast SS.
- Fixed RoadSlayer GT steel rail side protector LOD glitch.
- Fixed KillerBee S exhaust backfire emitter pivot and door windows parenting.
- Stellar’s “Supersonic” wheels are now of correct color.
- The window frames of Hearse no longer float after receiving damage.
- The rear window of Hearse no longer floats after receiving damage.
- The window frames of Stepvan no longer float after receiving damage.
- The skull decoration no longer removes the Raven windshield.
- The axe decoration of Bandit no longer floats.
- Cardinal paint damage is now displayed correctly.
- The rear wind of Hammerhead RS no longer detaches as easily.
- Wildking racing stripe is now correctly centered.
- The Hammerhead RS fender no longer falls off before the fender flare.
- The fuel lid of Sunrise Super and Sweeper now open into correct direction.
- Texture is now displayed correctly on the Hammerhead RS fuel lid.
- Removed permanently painted parts of the Starbeast SS paint.
- Blade (Reckless Car Pack): Adjusted audio mix for more low frequencies and less intake noise.
- Blade (Reckless Car Pack): Adjusted exhaust rev limiter fart noise to occur only when releasing throttle held against redline.
- Race: Added new generic gearbox H-shifter sounds.
If you missed out on the news earlier today, the PlayStation 5 version of Wreckfest is available now for PlayStation Plus subscribers.