The new Wreckfest Carmageddon tournament is available now, along with “Bleak City” and “Devil’s Canyon” from the original Carmageddon. The Eagle-R car and a bunch of zombies to run over are also included.
The patch has some kinks the team is currently trying to resolve, but here are the patch notes.
- Added two new environments from Carmageddon: Bleak City and Devil’s Canyon.
Both new environments feature a race track and a free roam environment best suitable for deathmatches, and additionally Bleak City also has a reverse race layout as well as a dedicated demolition arena.
Server admins note: the internal designation for the tracks are as follows:Code:
Bleak City Race Track: crm01_1 Bleak City Race Track Reverse: crm01_5 Bleak City Demolition Arena: crm01_3 Bleak City Free Roam: crm01_2 Devil's Canyon Race Track: crm02_1 Devil's Canyon Free Roam: crm02_2
- New tournament season: Carmageddon.
- New tournament reward car: Eagle-R.
- (XBSX) Improved framerate for more stable 60 fps.
- (PC) Improved reliability of save data handling.
- (PC) Game no longer crashes to fatal error whenever save data is corrupted.
- (PS4) Creating a public lobby now works properly.
- (PC) Steam networking asserts are no longer displayed in the server console.
- (PC) Performance issues in multiplayer.
- (PC) Dedicated server currently suffers from a severe memory leak, most likely causing the server to crash eventually.
- (PC) Hosting in-game does not currently work (neither Internet or LAN), please use the dedicated server in the meantime.
- (PC) In-game ping currently displays ~30 ms too much, meaning that your actual ping is ~30 ms less.
- (PC) Server message is not being displayed.