The NBA 2K League has announced that 72,000 players advanced to the NBA 2K League Combine, the next stage of qualifying for the league, which begins tonight at 8 p.m. ET and runs through Feb. 21. To qualify for the combine, players had to win 50 games in NBA 2K18’s Pro-Am mode during the month of January.
NBA 2K League Combine
- The combine begins today, Feb. 2, at 8 p.m. ET and runs through Feb. 21.
- The NBA 2K League Combine takes place within NBA 2K18.
- Players need to complete 40 games in one position during 12 pre-set time windows scheduled between Feb. 2-21.
- The combine will identify the top 102 players who will make the NBA 2K League.
Read more details below.
- The NBA 2K League has expanded the player pool from 85 to 102 to allow for roster flexibility.
- The combine will now identify the top 102 players and each of the 17 teams participating in the inaugural season will draft six players.
- All players who won 50 games during January’s NBA 2K League Qualifier moved on to the combine.
- The NBA 2K League Combine will take place within NBA 2K18 (Xbox One or PS4).
- “NBA 2K League Combine” will automatically populate on the menu for players who won 50 games during January’s qualifier.
- The combine will consist of 5-on-5 gameplay, with each participant competing with, and against, nine other qualifiers in full games.
- The combine will be a balanced playing environment, which means all positions will have an equal skill level.
- All players need to complete 40 games in one position during the combine.
- Players can only compete in one position, but will have five archetypes (options of preset attributes and skills) to select from for each position for each game.
- Players must complete their games during 12 pre-set time windows scheduled between Feb. 2-21. Playing windows can be found on NBA2KLeague.com.
- During the combine, the NBA 2K League will measure high-level stats such as points, rebounds and assists, as well as more in-depth stats such as shot release time, pass to assist and block efficiency.
- Following the combine, all player information will be evaluated and used to determine the top 102 players available for the draft.
For more information on the NBA 2K League Combine, visit www.NBA2KLeague.com.