The NBA 2K League Qualifier, which is the first step for prospective players to try out for the league, has officially started.
- Players need to win 50 games in NBA 2K18’s Pro-Am mode and complete an online application by January 31
o Players can compete as a walk-on, part of a team or a combination
o Pro-Am mode is played 5-on-5
o Winning more than 50 games does not increase a player’s standing
- Players who meet these requirements in January can be invited to the next round of tryouts in February
- The January qualifying stage is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and is 18 or older
o There will be no centralized physical tryouts
- After the final round of tryouts in February, the best players will be selected for the draft which will take place in March
- Each of the 17 teams participating in the inaugural season will draft five players who will live in-market during the season
- The season tips off in May 2018, with games taking place in one or two central studios for the inaugural season
WHAT IS THE NBA 2K LEAGUE?
The NBA 2K League is a joint venture between the NBA and Take Two Interactive, publishers of NBA 2K. It is a professional esports league featuring the best 2K players in the world.
HOW CAN I TRY OUT FOR THE LEAGUE?
The NBA 2K League Qualifier will take place in January and will be the first step towards getting an invitation to our second stage of tryouts in February. The first stage of qualifying for the NBA 2K League will take place from January 1-31, 2018. Players need to win 50 games in NBA 2K18’s Pro-Am mode and complete an online application by January 31. The January qualifying stage is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and is 18 or older. Players can compete as a walk-on, part of a team or a combination of both.
WHEN IS THE SEASON? HOW WILL IT WORK?
The inaugural season tips off in May 2018 and will run through August. Prior to the season beginning, there will be tryouts in February and a draft in March.
WHAT IS THE AGE REQUIREMENT TO PLAY IN THE LEAGUE?
All players will need to be 18 years and older to participate in the tryout and be drafted to the league.
HOW MANY TEAMS ARE PARTICIPATING?
There are 17 NBA teams participating in the inaugural season.
HOW ARE GAMES PLAYED?
Each NBA 2K League team will feature players competing as unique characters in 5v5 gameplay.