After revealing some features and 55 fighters on the current eSports Boxing Club roster last month, Steel City Interactive has posted a new video today, going in-depth with the character creator mode.
Of note, this is still a work in progress, as the team plans to add tattoos, additional hairstyles and facial hair. Fans will be able to create and share their fighters with the community, when the game releases on Steam Early Access.
While a release date for Early Access has not been given, the team is committed to bringing the game to PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and next-gen consoles, launching on PC first. They are also looking to get the game in the the Xbox Game Preview.
- Next-Gen Footwork – Revolutionizing movement with research and input from World Champions to create the most realistic mannerisms and movement
- Venues – Realistic venues from Gyms and Arenas to Outdoor Stages
- Visuals – High quality models, scanned and sculpted by the leading Scan Studio, Ten24
- Commentary – A full fight team featuring Paul Dempsey from BT Sports, Johnny Nelson from Sky Sports, and Todd Grisham from DAZN
- Customization – A fully customizable career mode: Create your own fighter, judges, trainers, cut-men and promotors
- Boxing Attire – Featuring officially licensed boxing gear. Upgrade your gloves, shorts, boots
- Realism – Manage your fighter’s weight and injuries. Will you rest and let any negative effects heal? Or take a high risk title-shot at short notice
- Skill Traits – Unlock certain moves and characteristics as your fighter matures, switch gyms to learn new move-sets (In total – 50 attributes and traits, ranging from punch power to discipline)
- Retirement System – Did you retire early due to the wars you’ve been in? or have a prolonged career with smart fighting. Or will you decide to make a comeback!?
- ESBC Tournament – Annual tournament featuring the eWBC belt – More details to follow
- Feint System – ESBC features the most advanced feint-system – try and throw your opponent off-guard
7 Championship Titles – Fight for the coveted ’Green and Gold’ WBC belt, secure your legacy by being crowned the Ring Magazine Champion. ESBC will feature the leading governing and sanctioning bodies of the sport, including the IBF and the prestigious BBBofC Lonsdale Belt. A first for the sport and gaming – Become the eWBC Champion of the World with a physical belt presented by the World Boxing Council during the official ESBC Tournament!
In ESBC, you will rise through the Amateur system, going through the professional ranks to win the coveted Lonsdale Belt, then going onto Continental and World titles featuring officially licensed governing bodies.
Not only will you be leveling up your fighter through winning fights, you will also have to hire your own staff – Trainer, Cut-man, Nutritionist and Promotor. There are also real-life boxing gyms in ESBC, each with their own fight styles and traits.
Choose your own path towards a World Title, will you go through the ranks and not ‘duck’ anyone? Or choose your fights as risk-free as possible. Each decision will have consequences for your career.
In the ESBC Tournament – You will have the chance to be crowned the eWBC Champion of the World, with the physical belt being sanctioned by the World Boxing Council.