Metalhead Software has announced Super Mega Baseball 2 is scheduled to release on May 1, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam) for $29.99.
Along with the official release date announcement, the team has released a new Super Mega Baseball 2 gameplay video, featuring 7 minutes of core gameplay footage, including a deep explanation of improvements to the game’s baseball simulation and on-field mechanics.
NOTE: This is pre-release footage from April 2018. There may be differences in the final version.
Some of the features you’ll see in the game include:
- Overhauled presentation including 8 stadiums built from the ground up, more realistically scaled character models, and new, more athletic player animations
- Comprehensive customization of leagues, team logos and uniforms, and player gear
- New competitive and co-operative online modes, utilizing dedicated servers
- Cross-platform play between PC and Xbox One, and between PC and PS4
- Refined baseball simulation with visceral physics and realistic play outcomes
- Enhanced image quality on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro
The team will also release three DLC packs with additional cosmetic customization content on launch day, as an optional way for fans to show added support (ranging from $3.49 – $4.49 USD).