The classic Mutant League Football game, released in 1993 by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis, was a #1 bestseller and garnered a loyal cult following for its blend of monsters, mayhem, and good ol’ American-style team sports.
The reborn and modernized Mutant Football League is a 7-on-7 arcade-style, fully 3D sports video game where creatures of all kinds take the gridiron to battle it out in the most violent game ever played! This hilarious and brutal parody of professional American football will introduce gamers to some of the wildest, most bloodthirsty superstar players to ever strap on shoulder spikes.
The new MFL game is being developed by Digital Dreams Entertainment for an October 2017 release on PC/Steam, with plans for PS4 and Xbox One version releases in 2018.
The team has launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to complete development of Mutant Football League. The crowdfunding goal of $60,000 will be used to complete MFL’s Online Multiplayer mode and for final game development and tuning.
Contributions to the Mutant Football League Kickstarter can begin as low as $1.00 for access to their current pre-alpha build ranging upward to exclusive collectibles like cards, posters, player statues and even personalized in-game elements like naming a player, designing a play, or owning a team within the game’s league.
Further information about the MFL Kickstarter campaign is available at the official Mutant Football League Kickstarter page.
Additional Game Details
- Mutants vs. Monsters: 14 vicious teams comprised of a variety of characters including: skeleton Deadheads, Bruiserbots, and monstrous Orcs.
- Online Multiplayer: Online and offline multiplayer for 2 to 4 players – competitive and co-op – so you can laugh at your friends while you crush them under your cleats.
- Gridiron Carnage: Over the top visual and gore effects include blood splatters, comically horrific deaths, fire effects, exploding body parts, and dismemberment.
- Killer Stadiums: Extremely dangerous fields are filled with diabolical traps and hazards – including explosive mines, toxic moats, lava flows and crazed fans cheering on their favorite squad of murderers.
- All Star Players: These are your game breaking, wisecracking mutants who have special skills, abilities, weapons; they’re players who can single-handedly win you the game. So you’ll need to protect them because nothing hurts worse than losing your favorite all-star to a chainsaw or giant Orc.