After receiving heaps of threatening letters, angry late-night phone calls, and one unmarked box of manure (wrapped in holiday paper, natch), indie game developer Digital Dreams Entertainment has finally relented and will release Mutant Football League™ for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners on January 19th, 2018.
The bloody-fun, next-gen spiritual successor to the 1993 Sega Genesis classic Mutant League Football will invade the Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, and spark new debates about soft balls, shotgun hits, and proper decapitation protocol.
Football fans and gamers will experience deep strategic 7-on-7 gameplay, bone-crunching and tooth-shattering hits, plus a roster of comical ghouls delivering tongue-through-cheek humor. Oh, and-of course-blood. Lots of blood.
Mutant Football League features legendary voice-over actor Tim Kitzrow; best known for his work in one of the great classic sports games of all time, NBA Jam, with such memorable sound bites as “He’s on fire!” and “Boomshakalaka!” A few MFL refs were bribed to guarantee the commentary of Mutant Football League on PS4 and Xbox One remained as foul-mouthed as the original smash hit PC version. It’s like Conker’s Bad Fur Day for sports fans! However, don’t worry… there is an option to turn off the expletives in case small children or Republican senators are in the room.
- Mutants, Monsters, and More: Choose from 18 blood-thirsty, wisecracking teams including the Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, and Monstrous Orcs.
- Gridiron Carnage: Players inflict maximum carnage on the opposition with brass-knuckle punches, steel-toed kicks, hand grenades, clubs, battle axes, chainsaws, and more. Exploding body parts, comically horrific deaths, and blood splatters fuel the MFL visual experience.
- Down ‘n’ Dirty: Use dirty tricks during gameplay to “Bribe the Ref”, throw bombs, or equip weapons to inflict maximum carnage for real game-changing moments!
- Full Season Mode and More: Dive into Exhibition, Practice, and Playoff games, or try and survive the Full Season grind to reach the ultimate showdown: The Mayhem Bowl!
- Killer Stadiums: The 18 unique playfields are filled with diabolical and dangerous traps and hazards – including explosive landmines, buzz saws, toxic moats, lava flows, and crazed fans cheering on their favorite murderous squad.
- Multiplayer Madness: Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives offers the choice to clobber opponents or team up with friends to crush opposing miscreants!