San Diego Studio has pushed through MLB The Show 20 patch 1.04, and it should fix the biggest issue that was at least plaguing online gameplay: the red meter glitch. I discussed that issue in this article, but here are the complete patch notes:
- Fixed an issue that caused the Button Accuracy Throw Meter to get stuck in the red, following a specific bullpen operation.
- Increase to hitting difficulty in Diamond Dynasty.
- Fewer checked swings will hit the ball into play.
- Pitch speed slider has more range.
- When swinging early on an outside pitch, fly balls and line drives that would be labeled ‘Rolled Over’ will now be labeled ‘Out in Front’.
should have been deployed overnight is available now.
What are your thoughts on these hot fixes? I’m a little surprised they decided to make hitting more difficult in DD already as I thought they might go with boosting pitching accuracy instead. That being said, I don’t think it’s wrong as games have clearly had an offensive tilt so far with so many home runs being hit. I also would always rather game developers “nerf” something rather than introduce power creep. So if the developers think making hitting worse will make the pitching catch up, that’s fine with me.
We’ll have to wait and see how things play out, so let us know how things are going for you since the patch.