A new Madden NFL 21 game update has arrived today, featuring some gameplay updates, 4 new Super Star Abilities, 3 new X-Factor Players, 12 new Superstar Players, Avatar Customization UI improvements and more.
Check out the patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue causing the ball velocity to not always reach the desired speed on some specific QB passing animations
- Tuning to improve deep zone defenders reaction to crossing routes from a single-receiver side for highly rated defenders
- Tuning to slow down cut-reaction time for linebackers in man-coverage facing away from the QB
- Fixed a run-block targeting issue with the Gun Wing Flex Wk Inside Zone play
- Fixed a rare issue causing QB’s to appear to use an under-pressure pass while not actually being under pressure
- New Superstar Abilities and Superstar X-Factor update, based on NFL Player’ performance up to this point in the 2020 NFL Season
- Fixed an issue causing defenders in man coverage vs. a ‘block-and-release’ RB to sometimes instantly switch their assignments to blitz when seeing the RB start to block, resulting in the RB being left uncovered once he would run his route thereafter
Newly Added Superstar Abilities:
- Film Study – Defenders with this ability will have full vision of plays the offense has run 5 times each quarter; via coach cam.
- DEV NOTE: Based on the feedback received from the Madden 21 beta, we re-worked this ability to provide more balance across our multiple game modes. One of those adjustments is based on players telling us it was too easy for the ability to activate, making it too powerful. In response, the ability will now require a variable number of repeated offensive play calls before activating. This number will scale up or down based on the current quarter as well as the game’s quarter length settings, with the required amount always being displayed via X-Factor Vision in pre-play. Additionally, defender knowledge of these repeated plays will be wiped out when a quarter ends, giving the offense a bit more leeway with how they run their play-calling.
- Backlash – Ball carriers with this ability will cause increased fatigue penalties against their tackler when tackled via a non-conservative tackle.
- Recuperation – Players with this ability will recover from the effects of fatigue at an increased rate between plays.
- Honorary Lineman – Non-offensive linemen with this ability will frequently win Impact Blocks when blocking defensive backs in the open field
New X-Factor Players:
- Alvin Kamara, Saints:
- Satellite X-Factor
- Juke Box
- Lavonte David, Buccaneers:
- Run Stuffer X-Factor
- DeForest Buckner, Colts:
- Unstoppable Force X-Factor
- Inside Stuff
New Superstar Players:
- DK Metcalf, Seahawks:
- Deep Out Elite
- Red Zone Threat
- Terry McLaurin, Washington Football Team:
- Deep In Elite
- Outside Apprentice
- Aaron Jones, Packers:
- Backfield Mismatch
- Calvin Ridley, Falcons:
- Mid Out Elite
- Outside Apprentice
- Darren Waller, Raiders:
- TE Apprentice
- Short Out Elite
- Jamison Crowder, Jets:
- Mid In Elite
- Brian Burns, Panthers:
- Strip Specialist
- Myles Jack, Jaguars:
- Jessie Bates III, Bengals:
- Deep In Zone KO
- Ali Marpet, Buccaneers:
- Post Up
- Secure Protector
- Jonathan Allen, Washington Football Team:
- Inside Stuff
- Run Stopper
- Josh Allen, Bills:
- Escape Artist
One Off Addition:
- Derrick Henry, Titans
- Backlash (NEW ABILITY)
- The following players have been downgraded from X-Factors to Superstars
- Drew Brees, Saints – Pro Reads Ability removed
- Calais Campbell, Ravens – Unstoppable Force and Edge Threat Abilities removed.
- The following players are no longer Superstars, losing all abilities
- Demarcus Lawrence, Cowboys
- Rob Gronkowski, Buccaneers
- Zach Ertz, Eagles
- TY Hilton, Colts
- Justin Simmons, Broncos
- Matt Ryan, Falcons
- Julian Edelman, Patriots
- Carson Wentz, Eagles
- Ryan Kerrigan, Washington Football Team
- Courtland Sutton, Broncos
The Yard Updates:
- Stability enhancements
Superstar KO Updates:
- Stability enhancements
User Experience (UX) Updates:
- Users can now link directly from Avatar customization screens directly to the vanity story by clicking on the Store Advertisement or by Hitting Y/Triangle while viewing individual items
Looking for Madden NFL 21 franchise mode update 2 of 3 details? Well, it’s scheduled to arrive sometime in mid-January. Here are some of the things the team is working on for that update. More details will arrive closer to official release date. All of these franchise mode additions will also be added to the next-gen version of Madden NFL 21.
Personnel Logic Improvements
New guidelines for CPU draft logic to assist teams in whether they should or should not have interest in drafting a first round QB. Addresses teams drafting two first round QBs in consecutive years, along with other roster-context considerations QBs a more authentic window to develop before a replacement is considered to be drafted.
Commissioner Controls: Undo FA Signings – Offseason Only
Commissioners are able to undo FA signings in the offseason directly through the transaction log. Simply click on a signing and revert it to send the player back into the free agent pool.
Commissioner Controls: Team Override Settings
Giving commissioners of leagues the ability to turn on/off or allow users to keep individual settings for Heat Seeker tackling, Ball Hawk, and Switch assist – one of our top requested commissioner requests, this creates a way to level the playing field regarding assist features.
Commissioner Draft Tools
Giving commissioners the ability to assign autopilot during the draft, along with pause/resume functionality. This has been a top community request for a number of years now.
Commissioner House Rules: Play Cool-Down and Repeat Play Limits
After these settings made their debut last year in MUT and Superstar KO, House Rules became one of the most requested features for franchise players and we are incredibly excited to bring them to you. Take control as a Commissioner and dictate how many times a play can be called in a game, and how long a player must wait before calling the same play again.
The Next Generation of Madden NFL 21 is available on December 4. With Dual Entitlement, buy now, to get next gen Madden NFL 21 FREE*. Upgrade to PS5 or Xbox Series X/S for FREE and carry your MUT, Franchise modes, and The Yard progress across generations** Read the Dual Entitlement FAQ for more info. */**Conditions apply.
If you missed our Madden NFL 21 next-gen preview, make sure to read it here.