Through partnerships with Sony and Microsoft, EA SPORTS will offer Dual Entitlement, creating ways for players who purchase either an Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 to upgrade their copy of Madden NFL 21 from prior generation Xbox One or PlayStation 4 platforms at no additional cost. This offer will be in place all the way through the Madden NFL 21 season, up to the release of Madden NFL 22, so players can upgrade whenever they first purchase their new console within that period. Offer exceptions apply. Physical discs cannot currently be used to upgrade to discless consoles. Visit ea.com/
Ever since some of the Madden NFL 21 next-gen details and features were revealed in June, EA has been tight lipped about it. If you missed it, here are some of the Madden NFL 21 next-gen details and features.
- Controller Haptics – Sense the impact of shots, passes, catches, kicks, tackles, and hits with immersive controller haptics. A new DualSense controller on PlayStation®5 with rich and responsive haptic feedback deepens the gameplay experience letting you feel the rhythm of the game in your hands.
- Blazing Fast Load Times – Faster load times get you in the game quicker than ever. Never lose focus as stadium environments will load with unprecedented speed, letting you get to the kick-off in seconds.
- Deferred Lighting and Rendering – Authentic new environments, unlocked by a new deferred lighting system create ultra-realistic football experiences and player fidelity, enhancing the game in every part of the stadium.
- Reimagined Player Bodies – Next-gen technology creates deeper definition in player physiques, while dynamic lighting accentuates details such as faces, hair, kits, and uniforms to take athletes to a whole new level of realism.
- Spatialized Audio – Whether you’re running out of the tunnel in Atlanta or leaping into the stands in Green Bay, hear the spine-tingling roar of the stadium thanks to spatialized audio technology new to Madden that wraps around you for a completely immersive experience.
- Stats-Driven Player Movement – Real-life athlete data feeds into the Madden animation engine to create fluid, athletic player movement when accelerating, running routes, and changing direction. Enhanced animation technology in FIFA enables you to experience ultra-responsive and realistic player movement.
- Off-Ball Humanization – From adjusting shin pads in the 89th minute to screaming for passes in the endzone, player humanization unlocks the most authentic character behaviors ever seen in sports video games letting you see the detail and feel all the emotion of football at the highest level.
- Exquisite Weather Detail – Mother Nature comes alive in Madden like never before. In stunning new detail, see standing water on rain-drenched sidelines and cold winter snow accumulate on the field. Visually enhanced weather conditions also affect cloth definition on athletes to match environmental variables.
- Gameday Immersion – New contextual player, bench, and fan reactions let you feel the explosive passion of a last-minute winner or a game-clinching touchdown. And pre-game cinematics deliver an unprecedented matchday experience to immerse you in the sights and sounds of professional football.