I have highlighted xAPATHYx13 and Apathy’s Xbox One roster file in a prior news post, but I want to highlight it once more since Apathy has now started adding NFL Draft prospects to the roster. This will be an ongoing project, but for those who want to add another wrinkle to their Madden franchise, this will be a good option.
Before highlighting the most recent changes, I want to be very clear about something in terms of downloading any Madden roster. If you get an error, or you can’t download the roster or something else like that, it is not Apathy’s fault. The roster download system in Madden can be spotty at times, so you either need to reach out to EA directly to get assistance, or simply try again later and see if it works. In addition, yes, this is only for Xbox One. Sorry to the PS4 users out there, but there is no cross-download option in Madden as of yet.
- Always search for that gamertag if you want to download the roster.
Apathy now has two versions of the roster available so those who do not want the NFL Draft prospects can avoid them if they want:
- UPDATED20 will consist of all the changes + the addition of NFL Draft prospects
- UPDATED20v2 will consist of all the changes w/ no NFL Draft prospects.
Information for latest roster update below:
Roster Update: 04/01/20
- WR Geronimo Allison signed to the Lions
- WR Darius Jennings signed to the Chargers
- TE Eric Tomlinson signed to the Giants
- OL Daryl Williams signed to the Bills
- DL Tim Jernigan signed to the Texans
- DL Derek Wolfe signed to the Ravens
- DL Jack Crawford signed to the Titans
- DE Adrian Clayborn signed to the Browns
- DE Benson Mayowa signed to the Seahawks
- DE Aldon Smith signed to the Cowboys
- LB Reggie Ragland signed to the Lions
- LB Elijah Lee signed to the Lions
- CB Ronald Darby signed to the Redskins
- CB Xavier Rhodes signed to the Colts
- CB T.J. Carrie signed to the Colts
- K Greg Zuerlein signed to the Cowboys
- LS Casey Kreiter signed to the Giants
- QB David Fales re-signed to the Jets
- DL Michael Brockers re-signed to the Rams (Ravens deal fell through)
- OLB/EDGE Kamalei Correa re-signed to the Titans
- QB Cody Kessler released from the Patriots
- TE Ed Dickson released from the Seahawks
- CB Dre Kirkpatrick released from the Bengals
- S Marqui Christian released from the Jets
- S Tedric Thompson released from the Seahawks
Misc. Changes & Roster Edits:
-CB Charles Harris has been moved to starting Slot CB [Chargers]. He confirmed the move himself and it’s now reflected on the roster/depth chart.
NFL Draft Prospects:
-Tonight is the 1st batch of Draft Prospects added to the roster. I was able to get 24 added to the roster tonight but the number will increase daily.
-There’s a total of 255 NFL Draft Picks this year, but EA/Madden20 only allows 112 CAP slots (Create A Player slots) to the roster so there’s a strong chance the entire NFL Draft will not be done. Rounds 1-4 should be very doable though.
-As of tonight, the following prospects have been added to the UPDATED20 roster: QB Joe Burrow, QB Tua Tagovailoa, QB Justin Herbert, QB Jordan Love, QB Jalen Hurts, RB D’Andre Swift, WR Jerry Jeudy, WR Henry Ruggs III, WR CeeDee Lamb, WR Tee Higgins, WR Laviska Shenault, LT Mekhi Becton, RT Tristan Wirfs, RT Jedrick Wills, LT Andrew Thomas, RE/DE Chase Young, DT Derrick Brown, DT Javon Kinlaw, LOLB Isaiah Simmons, MLB Patrick Queen, ROLB/EDGE K’Lavon Chaisson, ROLB/EDGE Zach Baun, CB Jeff Okudah & CB C.J. Henderson.
-Ratings: As I do these rookies, I’m aiming the ratings at Madden’s rating scale. I don’t like to over inflate out of bias nature so I do my best to follow the trend of the previous Madden rookie class. For example, I truly believe Madden will give Jalen Hurts a 67-69 OVR in Madden 21 based on their current rating scale – I gave him a 70-71 for right now, but that’s the most compromise I’m willing to do. Kyler Murray got a 73 OVR at launch last season, but I believe Burrow & Tua will find themselves in the 74-75 OVR category this coming season.
-Equipment is done to match either the last game that prospect played or an average of multiple game-day equipment used over the 2019 season. Every day I will be adjusting ratings & equipment as well as adding additional prospects – so this is always a work in progress. I have a heavy involvement on Twitter from users who will be assisting with changes as well. Nothing is finalized until I finally switch to Madden 21.
-Faces: As we do every year, we struggle to find faces with proper hair and skin tone to match the players. Tua Tagovailoa is a great example of what I mean when I say “struggle.” I’m doing what I can with what I’m given to work with. I’m open-doored to suggestions.