A new WRC 10 January patch has arrived for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Steam PC and Epic Games Store today. As a reminder, WRC 10 is scheduled to arrive for the Nintendo Switch on March 29.
The update adds Teams Online mode allowing players to compete against other Teams on special challenges each week, along with the Online Multiplayer Championship, AKA the esports WRC Championship.
Check out the patch notes below.
Online Multiplayer Championship Mode
The esports WRC Championship will be available from January to August 2022
NEW: Teams Online
- In the Teams Online Mode, a player can only join or create a Team. To create a team you need to be at least Level 5.
- Each week, Teams are competing on a special challenge set up by the game
- Only a certain number of players from each Teams score points for the challenge, the number of players is set up in the challenge
- At the end of each week, points are distributed to the Teams according to the ranking of their legitimate leaderboard players
- Each seasons are 4 weeks long (and therefore are made of 4 challenges)
The reference timing has been revised to make the events more accessible
Custom liveries from other players are now visible in Spectator Mode
Logos from certain esports Team of the 2021 esports WRC Championship have been added in the Livery Editor (esports section
Fixed an issue in all rallies as some cars were sometimes not aligned with the starting line
Fixed several Localization issues
Controllers & Peripherals
- Fixed icons and prompts on the Thrustmaster T80
- The Haptic Feedback from the DualSense PS5 controller is now supported on PC*Note: The Adaptive Triggers are not supported
- Fixed the position of the Ford Fiesta 2017’s exhaust flame
- Fixed a missing texture on the door of several cars
Fixed Localization issues in Online Lobby
Fixed an issue when completing a season in Career mode
Fixed a crash when joining a co-driver lobby
- Fixed loading issues after creating a full Multiplayer Lobby
- Fixed an issue after deploying a PS4 build on PS5
- Added Hori steering wheel support for PS4 and PS5