The WRC 10 October update has arrived for all platforms. This free update adds the highly anticipated Renties Ypres Rally Belgium, won this year by local driver Thierry Neuville. Added to the calendar in early 2021, players will have the opportunity to experience these new asphalt country roads. Narrow and winding, they are lined with ditches and posts and punctuated by numerous junctions. The road sides often bring dust and mud to the tarmac and make conditions slippery with drivers not hesitating to cut corners. In WRC 10, the Ypres rally consists of 7 stages plus a shakedown.
Three new historic events make their appearance, featuring famous driver and co-driver duos in their original cars: the 1980 Rally Portugal with Walter Röhrl and Christian Geistdörfer in their Fiat 131 Abarth, the 1981 Rally Finland with Ari Vatanen and David Richards in their Ford Escort MkII 1800 and finally, the 2017 Rally Portugal with Sébastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia in their Ford Fiesta WRC.
In addition, 6 historical rallies are already present in the base game, including Acropolis, San Remo, Germany and Argentina. All this is in addition to the already rich content available since the launch of WRC 10: more than 20 mythical cars, legendary drivers such as Carlos Sainz, Sébastien Loeb, Colin McRae and Tommi Mäkinen.
And last, the Co-driver mode is improved with the arrival of a complete lexicon that makes the experience more accessible to players and promotes even more immersion. Noted using a QTE system, the co-driver fully participates in the victory by announcing the pace notes correctly but also by staying in the rhythm! An online experience as fun as exciting!
Check out the latest trailer and patch notes below.
New 2021 Rally
Renties Ypres Rally Belgium (7 stages)
New Historical Events
- Portugal 1980: Walter Röhrl / Christian Geistdörfer – Fiat 131 Abarth
- Finland 1981: Ari Vatanen / David Richards – Ford Escort MkII 1800
- Portugal 2017: Sébastien Ogier / Julien Ingrassia – Fords Fiesta WRC
3 new Historical cars have been added to the game:
- Fiat Abarth 131
- Ford Escort MkII 1800
- Ford Fiesta WRC 2017
Fixed an issue on wipers when snowing/raining with the Citroen Xsara
- 250 new stickers have been added to the library
- Fixed issues linked to saving liveries in the Livery Editor
- The Co-Driver Mode has been improved with a new User Interface
- A new Leaderboard has been added to the Co-Driver mode, ranking all co-drivers depending of the highest score they made during a stage
- A Pacenote chart has been added to the game allowing co-drivers to give the proper calls to the driver through the voice-chat
- You now need to press different buttons (A, X or B with your controller for instance) at the right time to increase the final score
Fixed an issue as crew members were disappearing
Fixed an issue related to the following stages
- Rally Portugal – Lousada
- Rally Estonia – Shakedown / Elva / Elva Reverse
- Rally Estonia – Tartu
- Rally Finland – Harju
Crash fixed in Long Stages such as El Puma or El Puma Reverse
- GPU optimizations
- Fixed several Localization issues
Fixed an issue with Logitech G27 steering wheel
The Balanced Mode resolution should now offer better performances at 60 fps
Fixed an issue related to PS4/PS5 players identification
Fixed an issue in Clubs menu as the player’s Driver Card was not accessible when joining another user’s club
Fixed an issue that would crash the game if you had previously left your session through the Pause Menu while playing