Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed, during the busy week. This includes featured articles from the staff and new trailers.
Sports Gaming News
- FIFA 22 Patch 8 Coming Soon For All Platforms – Patch Notes
- Out of the Park Baseball 23 Launches on April 22
- EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023
- WWE 2K22 Patch 1.06 Available – Patch Notes
- NFL Announces Partnership with StatusPRO to Develop Annual VR NFL Licensed Football Game
- NHL 22 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available
- F1 2021 Available Now For Xbox Game Pass & EA Play Subscribers
- MX vs. ATV: Legends Releases on May 24 – Trails Mode Trailer Revealed
- Forza Horizon 5 Series 6 Arrives on March 29 – Patch Notes
- Pro Cycling Manager 2022 and Tour de France 2022 Launch in June
- Mike Trout is the Cover Athlete For MLB 9 Innings 22
- Turbo Golf Racing Announced, Beta Launches This Spring – Trailer, Screenshots & Features
- Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenger Pack Adds 5 Brand New Vehicles
- Gran Turismo 7 Changes Are Coming After Community Backlash
Operation Sports Featured Articles
I often feel weird about listing gameplay and coaching as something I like about a simulation-based sports title, but I do it here with complete confidence. DDS: CBB ’22 sets the stage on-screen with a system that allows you to see the gameplay out in a 2D visual model, and along with the game being visually played out on-screen, the title also offers a bevy of coaching options that happen in -real-time and can have a drastic impact on the outcome of the game at hand. Not a fan of the defensive effort your team is displaying on the court? Make real-time adjustments on the fly. Are you struggling with the performance of your star player during a big game? Introduce him to the bench and bring in that eager backup ready to prove himself. Is the offensive game plan not working as the game plan intended? Change it up and see what approach might change the game’s flow.
The sixth Feature Premiere for MLB The Show 22 was for Ballplayer and Road to the Show. I was interested in this one going into it because Road to the Show and Ballplayer took some lumps last year. Franchise mode got the most heat, but many folks did not like some of the structural changes to RttS and Ballplayer. While most everyone agreed the mode felt stale, how SDS went about updating the various aspects of Road to the Show did not hit the mark for many people. So after the Feature Premiere today, it will be interesting to gauge the response. I will be the first to admit Road to the Show and Ballplayer are the aspects of The Show I use the least, so I’m a bit out of my element here as it relates to gauging these updates because I just don’t have strong feelings on them. That said, I still have some general thoughts on the updates, so let’s jump into things.