Gran Turismo 7
Gran Turismo 7 Changes Are Coming After Community Backlash
Yamauchi has heard the complaints about the in-game economy system and in a gesture of goodwill is sending out 1 million credits to all users that have a digital or physical copy of GT7 for PS4 or PS5 prior to today’s post.
He also provided some details on the updates scheduled to arrive early next month.
- Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
- Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
- Increase of rewards in Online Races.
- Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
- Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
- Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Additional patches through April will feature new cars and course layouts. The team is also currently working on the following updates, but a firm release date wasn’t given.
- Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
- Further World Circuit event additions.
- Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
- Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
- Make it so cars can be sold.
Gran Turismo 7 patch 1.09 was released earlier today. Here are the patch notes.
Improvements and Adjustments
Daytona International Speedway
- Fixed an issue where swerving suddenly into the pits on the Tri-Oval and Road Course caused the pitstop sequence to be skipped, and the car going straight to the exit.
Sport & Lobby
- Fixed a very rare issue where an application error would occur in an online race or Lobby when entering a race event.
- Fixed an issue where the stats for Clean Races, Fastest Laps, Pole Positions and Victories in the “Sport” category in the Profile section would not display correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the value for the “Races” statistic in the “Sport” category in the Profile section was displayed as double the correct amount.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game progression would reset if the game was started with an unstable network connection.