The official website has posted some MLB The Show 17 Franchise mode and Pave Your Path RTTS details. A lot of it is stuff we already know, but we should start hearing much more about the modes soon, more specifically on March 7, 9 and 14.
With that said, another livestream on Twitch is scheduled for Thursday, going over presentation and commentary improvements.
PAVE YOUR PATH IN ROAD TO THE SHOW
- For the first time, Road to The Show takes you beyond the walls of the stadium with Pave Your Path.
- Take your character on an epic odyssey through the world of a professional MLB player. Control your career and write your own Hall of Fame story both on and off the field.
- Interact with coaches, managers, representatives and more as you make off-the-field decisions that can affect your career in unpredictable ways.
- CHOOSE WISELY. Anything is possible on the Road to The Show, but nothing is promised.
FRANCHISE MODE – MORE CONTROL, LESS TIME
- Make your moves and plan your perfect strategy as you take control of an entire MLB franchise. Choose what tactics to employ and where. Take over Coaching, Player Development, and GM duties. Or easily have your staff auto manage them with the flick of a toggle.
FRANCHISE LAUNCH PAD PUTS YOU IN CONTROL OF HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPEND PLAYING AND HOW YOU RUN YOUR TEAM.
- CRITICAL SITUATIONS prompts you to take the plate in late-inning, critical situations so you have a direct effect on the standings even without playing full games. You’ll also get prompted to complete statistically significant games like hitting for the cycle or no-hitters.
- QUICK MANAGE puts you in complete control of all managerial decisions during a game, while finishing full games in a short amount of time. Jump back and forth between gameplay and Quick Manage and only play in what you decide are the most important at-bats.
- IF YOU’D PREFER TO SHUN RESPONSIBILITY AND JUST HIT SOME HOMERS, the updated Player Lock makes it easier than ever to pick a player on your team and play short Road to The Show style games in Franchise Mode.