NBA Playgrounds is scheduled to release on May 9 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC for $20. Polygon has posted quite a few new details about the game, some of them we’ve listed below. Be sure to read the full article here.
- Over 300 different dunks
- Lottery Pick meter gives the user a random special ability for a limited time
- Can be played by four people in the same room
- Online 2-player head to head will be available at launch, 4-player update coming soon after launch
- Post-release roster updates
- Progression mechanic unlocks the entire roster gradually
- Packs unlock players, each pack contains 5 players, you start off with 3 packs. THERE ARE NO MICROTRANSACTIONS!
- Dunk contest and a three-point contest are scheduled to release at a later date
- Charles Barkley and Kobe Bryant will NOT be on the roster