NBA Playgrounds patch 1.10 is available now for PC users, check out the patch notes below. The patch is currently being certified on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Switch, so we should see it fairly soon.
- Added: The Challenge Mode feature, which allows you to challenge other players to online matches
- You can now switch between unranked challenges and ranked games in the online mode
- To challenge another player, you must switch to the challenge mode in the online menu and define a challenge code. By default, your challenge code is your nickname, but you can change it to your own, personal code. The person you are challenging must enter your code.
- If you have been challenged, please enter your challenger’s code and press “Accept”.
- All challenges are unranked and your ranking/ELO will be unaffected by the results of the challenge.
- Added: Toxicity system/Disconnection Manager, which penalizes players who abandon matches in any other way than surrendering
- Added: 5 new versions of Shaquille O´Neal in various teams from his career (Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando Magic)
- Added: 15 new players join the roster
- The following players were added: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich
- Added: A shot-meter was added to help finding the perfect timing for shots, dunks etc.
- Added: Steam Cloud Save support
- Added: Steam Big Picture keyboard management
- Adjusted: Shots were adjusted to make the system more accessible and unified throughout all variations
- Adjusted: The steal action was adjusted further to better fit the intended gameplay
- It is now possible to perform a steal action when behind an opponent
- Changed: 3 pointers no longer fill lottery pick bar
- Increased: The difficulty of 3 pointers was increased
- Reduced: The number of steals required for the Las Vegas Challenge #2 was reduced to 10 (was 15)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Paris Challenge #4 was reduced to 6 (was 7)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the London Challenge #1 was reduced to 6 (was 10)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Las Vegas Challenge #3 was reduced to 8 (was 12)
- Reduced: The inbound time was reduced to adjust it to the overall style of the game
- Fixed: Issues related to the strength of the force feedback effects were addressed