The first Moonshot event has gone live, and oh baby, strap in folks. Moonshot events are always some of the most fun, frustrating and confusing of the year. You have people grinding out missions and Prestige players, then you have people taking it very seriously, and you also have random common pitchers (usually a knuckleball thrower or two in there) who end up dominating most games. It’s all so confusing because you have people with very different objectives in these games much of the time.
I am certainly one of those people who uses Moonshot events to grind out missions because it’s such a silly event anyway. After all — and especially this year — pitching is already tough. So this should just make things even more home-run heavy so you either accept that or just avoid the event. That being said, it’s a chance to maybe uncover a common gem or two in the bullpen and also get really good at hitting slow knuckleballs out of the park.
Moonshot Event 1
- Left-handed hitters
- Bronze right-handed pitchers
- Common players
- Max team overall of 85
- 3-inning games
- Difficulty: All-Star
- Free entries
- 1 win – The Show pack
- 3 wins – Silver player pack
- 5 wins – The Show pack (x2)
- 10 wins – Silver player pack
- 15 wins – The Show pack (x3)
- 20 wins – Gold player pack
- 25 wins – The Show pack (x5), 1,500 stubs
- 30 wins – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack
- 35 wins – Prospects Set 1 pack
- 40 wins – Prospects Set 2 pack
- 45 wins – Prospects Set 3 pack
- 50 wins – The Show pack (x10), 2,000 stubs
- 55 wins – 3,500 stubs
- 60 wins – The Show pack (x10), 2,000 stubs
- 65 wins – 4,500 stubs
- 70 wins – The Show pack (x10), 2,000 stubs
- 75 wins – Players League Quarterfinals pack
- 80 wins – 7,500 stubs
- 90 wins – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack (x5)
- 100 wins – Ducks On The Pond pack
- 115 wins – The Show pack (x10), 2,500 stubs
- 130 wins – The Show pack (x10), 3,500 XP
- 145 wins – Players League Semifinals choice pack, 2,000 stubs
- 160 wins – 8,000 stubs
- 175 wins – Ballin’ Is A Habit pack (x5), 3,500 XP
- 190 wins – The Show pack (x20), 3,500 stubs
- 200 wins – Ducks On The Pond pack
- As I said at the top, you just have to be ready to roll with the punches in this one. You’re going to get out to massive leads. You’re going to give up massive leads. Sometimes you and your opponent will randomly be unable to hit anything. This event spans the spectrum of chaos, so you just need to accept the carnage and keep swinging.
- This will not be the last Moonshot event, so if you are losing your mind after a couple games, maybe wait for the next one where the rules will be slightly tweaked.
- Use this event how you want to. Again, I use it to grind some missions and Prestige players because I don’t take it very seriously. If you have some Team Affinity innings you want to rack up or something, do that here as well. This event type is usually the one where you will run into some other folks grinding things like that, so it’s not a weird avenue to go down.
- No player rewards for the first time, so you’re really going to have some boom-bust rewards as you go through the win tiers. You could end up making a ton of stubs, or sort of feel slighted once you hit a big win mark and get a very average diamond player.