MLB The Show 18 game update 1.13 is available, it includes presentation and commentary additions and improvements. Check out the patch notes below and let us know what you’re seeing.
- New Storylines (Commentary, Presentations, and Loading screens) within Road to The Show and Franchise mode:
- Batting Race: Spotlights and follows a batter fighting for the league batting crown during the second half of the season throughout the game and comments on his performance. The commentary also discusses how the player is trending recently in the race, and what kind of impact his hitting is having on his team overall.
- Home Run Race: Spotlights and Follows a batter fighting for the league home run crown during the second half of the season throughout the game and comments on his performance. The commentary also discusses how the player is trending recently in the race, and what kind of impact his hitting is having on his team overall.
- Sweep Game: Tells the story throughout the game of a team looking to finish a series sweep during the regular season. The commentary also focuses on the significance of the potential sweep and the challenges the team may have while going for the sweep.
- Added player name audio for many new rookies (Not all 2018 rookies have had their names added)
- Fixed the commentary audio for Felipe Vazquez (Name changed from Felipe Rivero)
- Added various new home run color commentary lines from Mark DeRosa.
- Added new color commentary replies for some hit streak commentary situations.
- Reduced the chance of certain color commentary lines of playing because they were getting selected too frequently.
- Fixed issue preventing the presentation for breaking the hitting streak record from playing under certain circumstances.
- Home run distance display has returned.
- Fixed an issue where infield hit replays were not triggering properly.