MLB The Show 18
MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.06 Released, Patch Notes Included
The folks at Sony dropped the latest MLB The Show 18 patch today. Here’s what was fixed:
- Fix for an issue where the shortstop wouldn’t shift when using the extreme shift setting (with runners on first and two outs).
- Fix for our player head tracking, during pickoff attempts, for certain pitchers.
Online Specific Improvements
- Minor adjustments to check swings and pulling back bunts at the last moment.
- Adjustments to the attribute values of Road to the Show players to balance regression.
- Fixes to clothing clipping in Road to the Show.
- Fixes to subtle audio queues throughout gameplay: Music reverb through the PA systems/Delay the strike out music to play with more realistic timing/stolen base music queues were playing after strikeouts. These queues have all been optimized.
- Fixed several consumer reported crashes.
- Various other minor bug fixes and adjustments throughout the game.
It seems a pretty minor patch overall. To me the big key is the last one in the miscellaneous category. The ‘various other minor bug fixes and adjustments’ is just vague enough that people will certainly start seeing changes that may or may not have been implemented.
All in all a pretty cosmetic patch — necessary for sure — but some of the issues people are facing may or may not quite yet be resolved.