EA dropped another Madden NFL 22 trailer today, providing plenty of details for franchise mode. Senior Design Director Connor Dougan discusses the finer points of the mode. Let’s dive right in.
- Franchise staff allows you to build, grow and customize your coaching staff with an RPG talent tree system. There will be more than 60 talents to choose from at launch to fit your play style, with plans to release more with live services.
- The new scouting system is scheduled to arrive in a September live service update. It will allow you to manage and assign national and regional scouts. A new in-depth system will be implemented to uncover details about your prospects, as players move up and down the draft board all season long.
- Your franchise staff is made up of a head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators and the player personnel department.
- Staff points can be earned weekly by setting goals, playing your games and completing objectives. You can then use them to upgrade your staff.
- Weekly strategy is the core of your franchise experience, presenting new challenges for coaches, players, teams and fans.
- With next-gen stats and Dynamic Gameday integration, you can study opponents strengths and weaknesses with details statistics and play calling information. Manage the team fatigue levels with practice intensity and reps between game days.
- Assess first half performances and make halftime adjustments.
Weekly Strategy and Dynamic Gameday Integration
- Choose a gameplan focus on offense and defense each week
- Focus will identify the top threat on the opposing team
- Focus will utilize next gen stats and a list of pros and cons about how each carries over into gameday
- Select a new weekly team goal that will reward additional staff points
The new season engine emulates the true ups and downs in the NFL, launching with over 35 scenarios with more to come in live services. Scenarios are narrative driven content that start off easy, but increase in difficulty with increased rewards. Make a late round draft pick a superstar, it’s all up to you.
The new Franchise hub includes an activities list to let you know what needs to get done every week, prior to the big game. It also features an updated news tab from around the league, faster access to roster management, more details on the league tab and a members area to better manage your online franchises.
This is just the tip of the iceberg for Franchise Mode fans this week. A couple of podcasts and the Gridiron notes are scheduled to arrive later this week.
Check out the rest of the scheduled Madden NFL 22 events leading up to release below.
- Week of 6/21: Franchise
- Week of 6/28: Dynamic Gameday
- Week of 7/5: Face of the Franchise: United We Rise
- Week of 7/12: Superstar KO + The Yard
- Gridiron Notes Reveal Only
- Week of 7/19: EA PLAY Spotlight: Scouting Reveal
- Making Madden Podcast Recap
- Week of 7/26: Ratings Week
- More to Come in August … Madden Ultimate Team
The Standard Edition of Madden NFL 22 releases on August 20. Fans that pre-order the Dynasty or MVP Edition will get it on August 17. Madden NFL 22 early access arrives for EA Play subscribers on August 12.