EA has released their official Madden NFL 22 Super Bowl LVI prediction with a little help from Marshawn Lynch. The simulation predicts the Cincinnati Bengals capturing their first Super Bowl in franchise history, knocking off the Los Angeles Rams 24-21 with the MVP going to Joe Burrow.
Here’s a breakdown of how it all goes down in Madden NFL 22:
- First Quarter: Cincinnati scores first with a Burrow touchdown pass to Ja’Marr Chase, but the Rams quickly answer with a four-yard run from Sony Michel to tie the game.
- Second Quarter: The lone score in the second quarter came just before halftime on a 32-yard catch and score from Cooper Kupp, giving the Rams a 14-7 halftime lead.
- Third Quarter: Defense ruled the third quarter as Eli Apple intercepts Matthew Stafford for a touchdown coming out of halftime, tying the game at 14.
- Fourth Quarter: Offense ruled the fourth quarter, beginning with a Bengals touchdown drive led by Joe Burrow and culminating in a 13-yard touchdown pass to Tee Higgins. Stafford and the Rams answered on a touchdown pass to Odell Beckham Jr., tying the game late in the 4th quarter. With just enough time on the clock, Joe Burrow leads the Bengals on one final drive, where Evan McPherson kicks a game-winning 49-yard field goal giving the Bengals their first Super Bowl victory in franchise history.
- J. Burrow – 32/44, 317 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
- J. Mixon – 18 rushes, 78 yards
- T. Higgins – 10 catches, 119 yards, 1 TD
- J. Chase – 6 catches, 88 yards, 1 TD
- E. Apple – 1 INT, 1 TD
Los Angeles Rams
- M. Stafford – 27/36 280 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
- S. Michel – 11 rushes, 38 yards, 1 TD
- C. Kupp – 12 catches, 102 yards, 1 TD
- O. Beckham – 7 catches, 89 yards, 1 TD
- J. Ramsey – 1 INT
- A. Donald – 2 sacks