EA gave us some details on Madden NFL 21’s newest mode, The Yard, earlier this month. The brand new dynamic mode allows players to experience backyard football with fast-paced, small-sided gameplay. Players will be able to create a custom, one-of-a-kind avatar to outfit in gear. Pull off game changing trick plays, such as behind the back throws and double passes; and execute wild gameplay moments to win in new field locations around the globe.
With the all-new Madden NFL 21 Mobile app, players can kick off their experience and create their avatar in The Yard: Underground to begin earning rewards by playing a single-player, narrative journey with 5-on-5 football gameplay.
Today, the team provides a new trailer and plenty of new details about the mode on consoles, in their latest Gridiron Notes.
Here are some bullets from the blog, make sure to read the entire article here, as it’s filled with plenty of details.
- The field is 80 yards by 40 yards
- First downs are given by passing 20 yard markers
- With double passes, all passes are legal behind the line of scrimmage, no matter how many times you throw it, when passed the LOS, only backward passes/laterals are allowed
- You can bat the ball into the air to teammates, using a “one-timer” mechanic
- With multi-snap, you can snap the ball to any player on the field.
SCORING IN THE YARD
The Yard has a special scoring system that rewards the type of creative play-making that makes the game special.
- Touchdowns are worth the traditional six points, but…
- Score a touchdown with a double pass or lateral – two bonus points
- Score a touchdown longer than 40 yards – one bonus point
- Interceptions earn you one bonus point.
- Extra Points are up to you. You can choose to try one, two, or three-point conversions that get progressively further away from the goal line and kicking is never an option.