Madden NFL 21 game update 1.14 was released earlier today for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (Origin/Steam). Check out the patch notes below, from the latest Gridiron Notes. It includes updates for gameplay, MUT, franchise, The Yard and presentation.
- Resolved an issue with player-indicator flashing for Pass Lead abilities; Set Feet Lead and Pass Lead Elite was not giving consistent feedback when activating. Now the Star or X underneath the player will light-up appropriately when using these abilities.
- Addressed an issue with receivers dropping the ball from late collisions by defenders.
- DEV NOTE: In these situations, the receiver would seem to have brought the ball in and secured it but the late collision from a defender would have the ball awkwardly dribble out of the receiver’s hand(s). We have now made the window for knocking the ball out from a normal collision smaller so defenders will no longer be able to knock the ball out so late.
- Fixed an issue with defenders in man coverage not reacting appropriately to a receiver on a Bubble route in RPO plays.
- Tuning to increase AI pass-rush on All-Pro and All-Madden skill levels. When AI pass rushers win their matchup, they will beat their block sooner.
- Addressed an issue with left-handed QB always running option run plays to the left regardless of the designed run direction.
- DEV NOTE: We are aware that left-handed QB’s are also running the wrong direction on QB Power plays, and that fix will be in a future title update, as we were unable to squeeze it into this one.
- Fixed an issue sometimes causing the ball to be incorrectly spotted on the 35-yard line when a kick returner would catch the ball right on the line at the back of the endzone.
- Added logic for user-controlled ball carriers to be able to trigger fake-outs using basic ball carrier skill moves on Arcade, as opposed to only combo moves.
We wanted to address some feedback we're getting around gameplay.
Feedback has been heard on topics like INT's, QB Draw and Disengage defense and the team has been hard at work to address these as soon as possible. Some changes do take more time than others.
— MaddenNFLDirect (@MaddenNFLDirect) October 15, 2020
Madden Ultimate Team Updates:
- Fixed and issue on the compare screen that showed the default X-factor on a player item
- Adjusted how Solo Battle CPU teams are evaluated.
- Face of the Franchise Updates:
- Fixed an issue with users playing as a HB receiving temporary ratings boosts for QB related ratings
- Fixed an issue with some abilities appearing twice in the edit player screen
- Franchise Updates:
- Fixed an issue with older, high OVR Free Agents being removed from the game before users have a chance to sign them
- Fixed an issue where players received Morale and Legacy changes during pre-season games
The Yard Updates:
- Stability and reliability improvements
- Fixed an issue with Oilers uniforms
- Raiders updated to Grass field
- Washington End Zones updated
- Atlanta End Zones updated
- Updated Captains patch stars and C’s not updating correctly
For those of you looking for bigger franchise mode updates, the first of three scheduled updates are set to arrive in mid-November. You will not be required to restart your franchise, when these updates arrive.
Here’s a list of community requests the team is currently implementing and testing. Keep that in mind, as things could change, the closer we get to release.
- X-Factor/Superstar Ability Customization: This highly requested feature by the community allows commissioners to assign X-Factors to any player via the edit player feature. Once a player has met the criteria to unlock an X-Factor ability, commissioners will be able to edit their player’s Superstar abilities and Superstar X-Factor ability by selecting from those available within his position group. Users will have control over this functionality in both offline and online Franchises.
- Player Card Career Stats UI: A top community request for several years now, the team is revamping the statistics on the player card to include more context in season stats, like week, opponent, and outcome, while also providing what team the player was on for every year of their career.
- Dev Trait Regression Tuning: The team is doing tuning work to player development traits in Franchise mode to ensure a proper balance of Superstar and X-Factor players when progressing multiple years in a Franchise.
- Playoff Bracket: A visual playoff bracket will be added into the game that reflects the new Wild Card format, allowing users to see the full playoff picture.
EA provided some other post-launch Madden NFL 21 franchise mode updateslast month, as well as details on the very early stages for Madden NFL 22 updates for franchise mode.