While briefly mentioned yesterday, Madden NFL 21 game update 1.13 was released earlier today for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (Origin/Steam).
- Fixed an issue causing user-controlled QBs to sometimes automatically throw to a receiver directly following the snap.
- DEV NOTE: While we fixed a version of this in a previous update, community feedback made us aware of an additional version. In this case, if a user had spammed a catch-mechanic on the previous play, in some cases that button-input data could carry over to the following play when holding the snap button for a longer period of time. We’re confident this specific bug was the culprit for those still impacted.
- Resolved the issue with the ‘Ball-Stuck-In-Hand’ celebration triggering too frequently
- Tuning to the Bench Press Ability so that it will no longer apply fatigue penalties on running plays; also reduced the overall amount of fatigue impact when a receiver gets pressed in man coverage
- DEV NOTE: One thing we want to make our players aware of relative to this ability (as well as many other abilities), is that as ratings increase, the overall impact will naturally decrease. Specific to Bench Press, as players’ stamina ratings increase, so does their fatigue recovery rate. This will lead to the ability becoming less effective over time within modes like Franchise and Ultimate Team.
- Addressed an issue causing a thrown pass to rarely warp back to a defender in a Strip Attempt
- Fixed a rare issue causing the ball carrier to freeze during a fake-out vs. a defender
- Fixed the receiver icons not appearing and the pitch sometimes falling short resulting in a fumble on the HB Toss Pass play
- Removed the ‘Pass Rush On-Field Trainer’ overhead display in multiplayer practice to allow for easier multi-controller labbing
- Fixed a blocking interaction issue resulting in a graphical error
- General Stability fixes
Madden Ultimate Team Updates:
- Fixed a rare crash when viewing “Search Trade Results”
- When selecting the highest difficulty on a Solo Challenge, you will be defaulted to that difficulty when selecting “Play Next Challenge”
- Several UI enhancements to help with text readability
- Face of the Franchise Updates:
- General stability improvements
- Franchise Updates:
- General stability improvements
- Significantly reduced the amount of ties that could result from Simulated games
- The ‘Draft Bar’ interface will remain visible during the Draft when navigating between menus
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Team’ tab disappearing for users when exiting a game
- Multiple Teams Oakley visor tab colors updated to the colors they are using this season
For those of you looking for bigger franchise mode updates, the first of three scheduled updates are set to arrive in mid-November. You will not be required to restart your franchise, when these updates arrive.
Here’s a list of community requests the team is currently implementing and testing. Keep that in mind, as things could change, the closer we get to release.
- X-Factor/Superstar Ability Customization: This highly requested feature by the community allows commissioners to assign X-Factors to any player via the edit player feature. Once a player has met the criteria to unlock an X-Factor ability, commissioners will be able to edit their player’s Superstar abilities and Superstar X-Factor ability by selecting from those available within his position group. Users will have control over this functionality in both offline and online Franchises.
- Player Card Career Stats UI: A top community request for several years now, the team is revamping the statistics on the player card to include more context in season stats, like week, opponent, and outcome, while also providing what team the player was on for every year of their career.
- Dev Trait Regression Tuning: The team is doing tuning work to player development traits in Franchise mode to ensure a proper balance of Superstar and X-Factor players when progressing multiple years in a Franchise.
- Playoff Bracket: A visual playoff bracket will be added into the game that reflects the new Wild Card format, allowing users to see the full playoff picture.
EA provided some other post-launch Madden NFL 21 franchise mode updateslast month, as well as details on the very early stages for Madden NFL 22 updates for franchise mode.