Knockout City is coming to Xbox Game Pass and EA Play on May 21. If you’re an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, EA Play is included at no additional cost.
EA Play Pro subscribers will get the Deluxe Edition automatically, which includes the following items:
- Epic Outfit: High Fidelity
- Epic Crew Vehicle: Convertible – Black and Gold
- 3 Epic Crew Logos: Ninja Strike, Record Scratched, Crazy Eye
- 3 Epic Crew Banners: High-End, Kintsugi, Strata
- 1,000 Holobux
The beta of the new futuristic dodgeball game, where you can team up and battle other crews in team-based multiplayer dodgeball battles, has been downloaded over 1 million times.
EA Play is included with the Xbox Games Pass Ultimate subscription, at no additional cost. Otherwise, it costs $4.99 per month or $29.99 per year, for PlayStation and PC users, with the following benefits.
- Unlock exclusive challenges and rewards, member-only content, early trials of new releases, and access to a library of top titles.
- Play select new-release games for up to 10 hours even before they launch.
- Get more to play with unlimited access to a collection of Electronic Arts’ fan-favorite series and top titles.
- Save 10% on all EA digital purchases, including game downloads, Season Passes, points packs, and DLC.
- Frantic and Fun — Rule the city through lightning-fast multiplayer matches featuring mind-blowing dodgeball mechanics. Increase your attack by passing to power up dodgeballs, targeting your opponents with a variety of specialized balls, or “balling up” at any time to get thrown by teammates!
- Crew Up —Assemble an All-Star dodgeball Crew with your friends for multiplayer matches in a seamless cross-play experience! Together, knock out opponents in 3v3, 4v4, or free-for-all matches. Pass, throw, and strategize as a team to dominate and unlock distinctive, Crew-only rewards!
- Define Your Style —Show off your status and unique look through character and Crew designs with expansive character creation options. Customize your appearance, gear, and attitude, from body type and hairstyle to a custom glider and Crew vehicle to win, lose, and taunt animations.
- Take On Knockout City — Battle it out with other Crews across dynamic maps all over the city. Each map’s special features make every match an intense, unexpected experience. Dodgeball thrives in back alleys with pneumatic tubes, on skyscraper rooftops, across busy streets—and even at the local burger joint and construction sites. While you’re dodging dodgeballs, watch out for moving cars, rooftop drops, and even a wrecking ball or two.
- Strikingly Fresh Yet Familiar — It’s easy to pick up and play thanks to familiar controls, but practice is key to becoming a champion. On a level playing field, only the most skilled ballers stand out from the crowd. Use your knowledge to master the intricacies of the game for spectacular KOs.
Just in case you missed our Knockout City beta impressions, make sure to give it a read.
I don’t think many folks were necessarily clamoring for a dodgeball video game in 2021, so expectations were low when EA and Velan Studios opened the closed beta version of Knockout City on Steam. This probably played to the game’s advantage though because now my first impressions of Knockout City are that it’s a fresh and frenetic twist on a cross-platform shooter. It has a lot of potential to tweak the existing framework and implement new elements that could continue to keep the gameplay from getting too stale.