Every year, there is a magical time or two when Operation Sports seeks new freelance writers to round out our coverage.
Welcome to hiring season!
We are seeing passionate sports gaming fans to be new freelance writers for the site!
This time around, we are issuing a generalized call for sports game writers. If you’ve ever wanted to give writing about video games a try, this is a great opportunity to start your journey!
Freelance writers collaborate with our editorial staff to generate ideas for writing on the site while also meeting deadlines. Pay varies and is by article — this isn’t a full time job but can certainly help pay for your ultimate team addiction.
- Must be a fluent English writer.
- Must be in-tune with the sports gaming community and its various pressure points.
- Ability to write 3 articles minimum per month.
- Must be able to receive payment via Paypal.
- Must be willing to collaborate regularly via Slack.
- Team Player, able to generate compelling ideas for articles if needed.
- Passionate sports game fan, ideally someone well versed in multiple sports and games.
To apply, please send the following to our Editor Raychel Sanner at [email protected]:
- Your name
- Your OS Username
- Your Twitter Handle (if applicable)
- Games you play/are comfortable with covering (no more than three, no less than one obviously)
- A brief intro about yourself, your experiences, your passion for sports games.
- Three sample article ideas
- A short 300 words or less sample article about the subject: What is the biggest single thing sports games need to do in the next five years?
We look forward to seeing everyone’s application!