Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2020 promises to have a strong focus on gameplay, when it releases in September for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The team has invested much time into providing their best on-field performance.
The game will also feature numerous improvements, upgrades and new features. One of those new features is the Play Designer, which incorporates the ability to create and customize both offensive and defensive custom plays. This allows gamers to take complete ownership of their team, their playbook, and their on-field results.
In addition to the Play Designer, Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2020 will include the following enhancements:
Unity Partnership – Unique partnership with Unity to enhance the core infrastructure of the game, featuring improvements to the following areas: game performance (framerate), lighting system, player movement, object avoidance, and custom receiver animations.
Dynasty Mode 2.0 – Player awards, conference championships, player transfers, new Bowl games, updated depth chart screen, faster simulation engine, diverse playcalling (giving each team a new identity), enhanced accuracy in recruit generation (including height and weight), detailed recruit commitments and player suspensions, and much more!
More Customization – College teams added to Play Now, new 32 team league added to Play Now and Season Mode, brand new customization hub, easy color picker based upon team’s primary and secondary colors, and additional stock logos.
Play Designer – Full play designer for offense and defense. Implement standard playbook strategies with receiver route trees, read progressions, play action, run types, man and zone coverage, blitz packages, QB spy, and even set player motion.
Custom Controls – Map your own buttons! Customize your on-field game controls to get a familiar feel or a brand new one.
Community Feedback Gameplay – Improved linemen interaction, expanded defensive AI, new passing game (including more tipped passes and more aggressive DBs), faster QB animations, AI auto dropback, and improved handoff speed to running back.
Maximum Football Sim League – Take the role of a recruit, player, coach, or team owner in the brand new official Maximum Football Sim League. This unique web based community will give you the chance to participate in a living football universe. The league will be launching in Q4 2020 with simulations using Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2020. Interested in learning more about the sim league? Get alerted about updates and registration at www.maxfootballsim.com.
Below are some more improvement details, based off of community feedback.
- Expanded Defensive AI: Better man-to-man and zone coverage, line play, blitzes, and tipped passes. Yes. Tipped passes can now be caught or intercepted.
- QB & HP Tweaks: Faster quarterback release animation. Running back now motions into a hand off to build momentum. Better pocket protection for quarterbacks.
- Faster Team Customization: User your team’s primary and secondary colors as quick color selections while customizing jerseys to save time. Full custom RGB sliders will still be there.
- College Teams in Play Now: Play with all 130 college teams in Play Now. They have also added 8, 9, 16, 27, 32 and 130 team league sizes.
- Season Mode: Now includes a full 32 team pro football structure.
Dynasty Mode 2.0
- Play Calling Tendencies: Compete against 130 unique run heavy, balanced, or air raid style teams on your way to a championship. Each with their own set of audibles.
- New Sim Engine: Faster and more accurate game simulation that utilizes new play calling tendencies and player ratings. Simmed CPU games deliver accurate stats even if you play your games on 5 minute quarters.
- Smarter Player Generator: Recruits are generated based on real world statistical college and pro player data to ensure proportional height, weight, strength, and vertical ratings per position. No more 5’11 285 quarterbacks!
- News Headlines: Completely revamped news that adds more personality and variety to commitment and suspension headlines detailing player activity throughout the season.
- Also included: Seasonal awards, conference championships, transfers, team rankings, new bowl games, updated depth chart system and more…
Maximum Play Designer
- Create the ultimate playbook for your team by customizing existing plays or creating all new ones on both offense and defense
- Implement standard playbook strategies with receiver route trees, read progressions, man and zone coverage, blitz packages, and even set player motion.