We’re going to be covering the NBA 2K18 unveil today at 3:30 ET and filling in details within this space. For now, we have none so we invite you all to speculate endlessly in the comments until we get to reveal time!
- MyCareer additions are being announced at the top of the show.
- “The Neighborhood” is a new open world experience which combines elements of The Park, Pro-Am, and MyCareer.
- The Trailer is pretty cool.
- “The Road to 99” is the theme of the mode.
- You can play street games, go into stores to buy new gear for your players, or play pick up games on courts in the open world.
- The Park mode is gone specifically — but the Park experience will be available under the new MyCareer mode.
- Archetypes will involve primary and secondary selections. That will dictate your style of play and how your player develops. There’s a lot more versatility to it. (See full list)
- All archetypes have a unique set of badges. You decide how you want to upgrade your player, by practicing with what you want to practice so you can develop your player how you want to.
- This will effectively make it where you can upgrade and build your player in multiple ways on the road to 99, versus being stuck in just MyCareer.