Last week, the fine folks over at 2K released a new patch for WWE 2K19. The details of the patch can be found here and below:
- The proper menu displays when using a Superstar unlocked via VC and assigning them a custom title in a show. Also, the title will no longer soft crash when attempting to load into the edited show.
- No additional manager will appear when customizing a normal match with managers and then switching to another Superstar with two managers.
- Fixed issue with normal matches with managers when the target menu would appear when selecting participants for an entrance run-in. The target menu no longer appears, and if a match participant is selected for a normal match with managers, their opponent will be automatically the target of the entrance run-in.
- Fixed soft crash when using some specific side plate designs in a custom title and then assigning that title to a Superstar with custom side plates.
- Fixed issue with players not receiving a new move when purchasing from the store and closing out of the game during the loading screen immediately after. Now players that do this will retain their VC and are free to purchase that move again if they like.
- Players are now able to reverse the A.I.’s signature and finisher after a comeback has been successfully performed in the Million Dollar Tower.
What’s Working With The Updated Patch?
There weren’t many notable changes to the gameplay, which is not a bad thing considering how well the game currently plays. However, there are several visual features that make the game more appealing and consistent.
For those of you who like to be accompanied to the ring by another wrestler, there will no longer be an additional manager involved. Furthermore, if you’d like to attack your opponent, no longer will you be prompted with the target menu. You will now automatically attack your desired opponent.
If you love to customize your game, no longer will the game crash at the superstar selection screen when using a custom belt. This was frustrating for many users, and has since been fixed.
Lastly, the inability to reverse the AI’s signatures after a comeback in the A.J Styles Million Dollar Tower has been fixed. You can now counter and attack as you wish.
What Still Needs To Be Fixed?
The biggest thing that still needs to be fixed might never come. The inability for 2K to update theme music, attire and other traits is frustrating. Yes, the customization allows for the “community” to manually fix some of these issues, but there has to be a better way. Why can’t they update the roster like they would for NBA 2K19?
Minor crashes continue to appear, but for the most part, the game plays near flawlessly with the recent patch.
WWE 2K19 is one of the better wrestling games in recent memory. It wasn’t perfect at release, but with the three patch updates that have released since, it’s as close as it will probably get to perfection for this year.