The iOS beta for Ultimate Rivals: The Court is scheduled to arrive next week. Registration is open now, so make sure to sign up to get access. The team is also giving away some prizes in their Ultimate Rivals Sweepstakes. Good luck!
Ultimate Rivals: The Court was announced in March, featuring NBA Jam, NFL Blitz voice actor, Tim Kitzrow. Players can choose from more than 70 new superstar athletes across each of the major professional leagues to compete in exciting three-on-three basketball action. Boasting smooth 60 frames-per-second frame rates, dozens of sport-specific animations, and industry and category leading VFX and SFX, Bit Fry has elevated its franchise with this second entry by delivering more than just the usual powered-up dunks, blocks, and alley-oops.
Players can compete in online multiplayer or single player matches against AI opponents using touch controls or Bluetooth-connected console controllers with new challenges such as The Gauntlet and a new training mode.
— Ultimate Rivals (@ultimate_rivals) May 12, 2021
- In Ultimate Rivals: The Court, players choose from more than 70 new superstar athletes across each of the major professional leagues to compete in exciting arcade style three-on-three basketball face-offs.
- Coming first to Apple Arcade, before expanding to Steam and other additional platforms later this year, the follow-up to last year’s successful Ultimate Rivals; The Rink w ill shift the action from the ice to the court as competitors across hockey, basketball, football, baseball and soccer unite in the first officially licensed video game franchise to feature this massive collection of cross-branded talent.
- Boasting smooth 60 frames-per-second, dozens of sport-specific animations, industry and category leading VFX and SFX, this edition elevates the franchise by delivering more than just the usual powered-up dunks, blocks, and alley-oops.
- The Court i ntroduces new game-changing ultimate moves for its athletes that’s unique to each of the five sports represented as well as an explosion of sport-specific attributes and visuals all enhanced by voiceovers from arcade video-game icon Tim Kitzrow (NBA Jam, NFL Blitz) who will join as the voice of the franchise and pop up in other soon-to-be-revealed ways.
- The title brings to life licensed athletes from the NHL, NBA, NFL Players Association (NFLPA), MLB, WNBA and the US Women’s National Soccer Team Players Association (USWNTPA), as well as retired legends from each league. Gamers will be able to choose from over 140 competitors including a robust roster of unlockable athletes first introduced in The Rink.
- Short-session games with arcade rules increase the accessibility of the game, while delivering a deeper experience where the most skilled players have the best chance to win. Players can compete in online multiplayer matches or single player against AI opponents using touch controls or Bluetooth-connected console controllers with new-challenges such as The Gauntlet and a training mode inspired by fighter games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, coming to this edition.
- Bit Fry Game Studios, Inc., an independent multi-platform developer and publisher of sports video games, is composed of gaming, as well as entertainment and sports veterans, and is the first studio to combine licenses from all player unions as well as the major leagues into a single gaming franchise.
Ultimate Rivals: The Court will be released on Apple Arcade first, then arriving on Steam and other platforms, later this year. More details, including a release date, will be revealed in the upcoming months.