EA SPORTS Madden NFL and SNICKERS have enjoyed a decade-long relationship in gaming and announced today that SNICKERS’ accelerated commitment in competitive Madden NFL (esports) by becoming the official Madden NFL 20 Club Championship presenting sponsor for the first time. As presenting sponsor SNICKERS will reach players and spectators in mass through specially curated studio segments, highlight reels, and spotlight moments, such as the coveted SNICKERS “Moment of the Year” Madden NFL 20 Championship Series award.
With this move SNICKERS is taking full advantage of its partner ties to the NFL and football culture – and now reaching players and spectators through specially curated moments throughout the Madden NFL 20 Club Championship (Dec. 17-20) – engaging fans more than ever before on both the virtual and traditional football fields.
WHAT: Over the past decade, SNICKERS leveraged EA SPORTS Madden NFL to enhance the player and spectator brand experience. After entering the esports market through the Madden NFL Championship Series last season, SNICKERS is accelerating its commitment by becoming the official Madden NFL 20 Club Championship presenting sponsor for the first time.
This collaboration unlocks an authentic engagement tool for SNICKERS as they’ll reach players and spectators in mass throughspecially curated studio segments, highlight reels, and spotlight moments, such as the coveted SNICKERS “Moment of the Year”Madden NFL 20 Championship Series award.
“We’ve seen tremendous success within gaming and our Madden NFL relationship through the years and the increased opportunity with esports makes this evolution of the partnership a natural next step,” said Amanda Zaky, Sr. Media Manager at SNICKERS. “Through this activation, we’re not only tapping into a highly engaged audience and environment that is proving to resonate well with our brand, but we’re taking full advantage of our already existing ties to the NFL, NFL Players Association (NFLPA) and its football culture.”
As official marketing partners and licensed properties to the NFL, NFLPA and at a time when many non-endemic brands are also pouring into the esports industry, SNICKERS will engage fans both on the virtual and traditional football fields accelerating consistent engagement.
“Over the past decade we’ve partnered with SNICKERS to find new and creative ways to engage our fans with authentic football experiences through a virtual lens,”” said Vida Mylson, Sr. Director of Global Brand Partnerships at EA. “Through the growth of the Madden NFL Championship Series, our relationship with SNICKERS continues to evolve and achieve greater results, evident through this presenting sponsor Madden NFL 20 Club Championship announcement.
The Madden NFL 20 Club Championship Presented by SNICKERS will involve all 32 NFL teams as one competitor per team will compete for more than $700,000, tied for the largest tournament prize pool in competitive Madden NFL history.
- Integrated highlight packages and branded studio segments on the esports broadcast akin to a traditional sports production. One highlight package example will pull through the mainstream success of the SNICKERS “Symptoms” campaign.
- A special SNICKERS-branded Players’ Lounge where competitors can prepare for the competition in a relaxed setting creating a positive brand experience for the game’s top stars.
- A season-long campaign highlighting the top plays of the Madden NFL 20 Championship Series incentivizing competitors to go for blockbuster moments. This motivation elevates the entertainment for spectators in return. At the end of the year at the Madden NFL 20 Bowl during the NFL Draft, one player will win the SNICKERS “Moment of the Year” award voted on by the Madden NFL community.
WHEN: Madden NFL 20 Club Championship Live Finals: December 17-20.
- Dec. 17: Start time 3pm EST; AFC Divisional Semis and Finals; Twitch; YouTube
- Dec. 18: Start time 3pm EST; 12 total matches, 8 broadcast blocks; NFC Divisional Semis and Finals;Twitch; YouTube
- Dec. 19: Start time 7pm EST; 4 total matches, 4 broadcast blocks; M20 CC Quarterfinals; Twitch; YouTube
- Dec. 20: Start time 7pm EST; 3 total matches, 4 broadcast blocks; M20 CC Semis and Final (9:30 pm start time for Final); Twitch; YouTube; ESPN App
- Dec. 27: ESPN 2 will air a one-hour Madden NFL 20 Club Championship special at 8pm EST.
WHERE: EA Redwood Shores (EARS) – Redwood City, CA
WHO: Players around the country competed online and in subsequent NFL club tournaments with the dream of becoming the official esports representative for their favorite NFL team. Now, we’re down to 32 competitors, one esports representative per team. Who will win an NFL championship for their favorite team through Madden NFL and a majority share of the more than $700,000 purse?