Steven Roberts – VP, Global Competitive Gaming, SIE, has announced their MLB The Show 19 PS4 Tournaments: New Year’s Cup. It starts today at 5:00 PM ET, so, make sure to sign up, to compete for over $10,000 in prizing.
No matter what your skill level is, you will be able to compete against both friends and others in the PlayStation community.
They have improved the tournament experience to give players more incentive to come back and compete every week. The tournament is open to all eligible participants, and there are multiple ways to qualify for the finals and earn a shot at the $10,000 prize pool, as well as weekly rewards.
- The first qualifier begins January 11, and the last one is February 1 – with two qualifiers happening each weekend.
- Everyone* will compete in a Swiss tournament system through the qualifier rounds. There are two ways to qualify for the Grand Final:
– Top 64 point earners qualify to the final
– Top 8 finishers in each weekly tournament qualify directly to final
- Grand Final will be a seeded bracket determined by season-wide points and finishes throughout the cup
*MLB The Show 19 PS4 Tournaments: New Year’s Cup – must be 16+ and resident of the US and Canada. Active PS Plus subscription required. Void where prohibited. Official rules here.