NACON has announced Rugby 22 will release on January 27, 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. New major national teams have been added to the Rugby license, including the Wallabies, the official Australian team, and New Zealand’s All Blacks, famous both for their competitive record and for the aura that accompanies them.
Announced back in May, Rugby 22 features more realistic AI, improved difficulty that adapts better to each player’s level, and more lifelike star-player faces. Those faces will be especially noticeable on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, thanks to the use of photogrammetry.
- Enjoy official licenses – Rugby 22 incorporates the vast majority of major national teams, with official players and jerseys, including teams from New Zealand, Australia, France, Fiji, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Wales, Japan and Georgia.
- Take the field, alone or with others – Play single or multiplayer, local and online, in a variety of game modes that pay homage to one of the world’s most demanding sports!
- Explore Career Mode – Build your team, recruit players and reach the top division!
- Play like the pros – Enjoy an increasingly realistic rugby simulation with real tactical depth. Show your skills on the field to win the game!
- A true rugby experience – Rugby 22 offers a real rugby experience with realistic animations, as close as possible to the real players’ movements thanks to motion capture technology, all in the rugby art for an intense experience.
- Train – Thanks to the new tutorials in the game, learn the basics of the sport and train to become the best player!