NACON and Eko Software have revealed their Rugby 22 gameplay trailer today featuring optimized in-game controls, improved AI behavior, a new more complex difficulty mode and more.
Rugby 22 has been redesigned for an even more responsive and intuitive game experience with a new control system to play touches, rucks and mauls. The AI has been optimized to adapt even better to the tactical choices of the players. Your players will position themselves and react in a more realistic way, while your opponents will make better choices. A new difficulty mode has been added to offer players more challenge once the game has been mastered.
Rugby 22 offers players all the elements that make up modern rugby. Recognized official teams, tactical changes before and during the match, pod play options, passing after contact and combinations. All rugby fans will find the fundamentals of the sport in the game.
Rugby 22 releases on January 27 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC via Steam.
- Enjoy official licenses – Rugby 22 incorporates the vast majority of major national teams, with official players and jerseys, including teams from New Zealand, Australia, France, Fiji, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Wales, Japan and Georgia.
- Take the field, alone or with others – Play single or multiplayer, local and online, in a variety of game modes that pay homage to one of the world’s most demanding sports!
- Explore Career Mode – Build your team, recruit players and reach the top division!
- Play like the pros – Enjoy an increasingly realistic rugby simulation with real tactical depth. Show your skills on the field to win the game!
- A true rugby experience – Rugby 22 offers a real rugby experience with realistic animations, as close as possible to the real players’ movements thanks to motion capture technology, all in the rugby art for an intense experience.
- Train – Thanks to the new tutorials in the game, learn the basics of the sport and train to become the best player!