Rugby 22 is available today for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC (Steam). NACON and Eko Software also released their launch trailer seen below.
New major national teams are entering the RUGBY license for the first time, including the Wallabies, the official Australian team, and the New Zealand All Blacks, famous both for their competitive record and for the aura that accompanies them! The latter, in addition to the French team, have been selected by the studio for a first step towards photogrammetry technology, allowing the players’ faces to be represented as faithfully as possible in the game.
A true simulation, Rugby 22 offers players all the elements that make up modern rugby: recognized official teams, tactical changes before and during the match, pod play options, post-contact passing and combinations. All rugby fans will find the fundamentals of the sport in the game.
Until April 28, 2022, purchasing and activating the PS4 version of the game will also unlock the PS5 version for free. The same goes for the Xbox One version if you get it on the Microsoft Store, which will unlock the Xbox Series X|S version for free.
Rugby 22 Features
- Play with your favorite team – Rugby 22 features the vast majority of the major national teams, with their players and official jerseys: New Zealand, Australia, France, Fiji, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Wales, Japan and Georgia.
- Take the field, alone or with others – Play alone or in multiplayer, locally and online, through different modes to play with friends or let matchmaking find you an opponent!
- Discover Career Mode – Create your own club in Career Mode, climb the ranks, build your dream team and compete with the best teams in the world!
- Play like the pros – Enjoy an increasingly realistic rugby simulation with real tactical depth. Play as a pod, set your wing positions, define your defense, and make clever combinations to get the better of your opponent.
- Authentic experience – Rugby 22 offers a real rugby experience with photogrammetry to represent the star players and animations that are as close as possible to the real players’ movements thanks to motion capture technology, all in the rugby style for an intense experience.
- Practice – With new in-game tutorials, learn the basics of the sport and practice to become the best player!