RetroMania Wrestling, the official sequel to the 1991 classic arcade game WWF Wrestlefest, is available on Steam. Actually, it was available last week and we forgot to mention it. Look for our review soon.
According to the official website, the console release hasn’t completed certification on console. They predict a short delay for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, hopefully within the next 2 weeks.
Up to 16 unique playable wrestlers will be available at launch, including The Road Warriors, Tommy Dreamer, Matt Cardona and Nick Aldis, with more wrestlers scheduled to arrive at a later date. Ian Riccaboni and Colt Cabana are the ringside announcers.
Below are just some of the features for RetroMania Wrestling:
- 2 – 8 player local multiplayer (online TBD)
- With the customization options, there are over 50 different match variations that you can have
- Several match types, including Battle Royals, Steel Cage Matches, Elimination Tag Team Matches, and much more
- Beautiful 2D pixel art animated sprites with over 700 frames of animation and animated backgrounds
- Story Mode plus the 10 Pounds of Gold mode, your traditional arcade style ladder climb to go after the NWA Championship!
- Crowd chants that react to the action on screen
- Multiple entrance attires for wrestlers, along with custom entrance theme
- Plenty of surprises in the game that you won’t know about until you play through it!
- More content (additional wrestlers and more) will be made available via DLC if the game has enough support