EA has posted some examples of the visual enhancements that can be seen in the upcoming Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered. The page includes some screenshot comparisons from the original game at 1080p with max settings vs. the remastered version at 4K with max settings.
- Thousands of destructible assets have been added to the world for the remaster to make it feel more full and alive.
- Corners have better signage to guide players and the UI has been upressed for better readability.
- Windows on buildings have more variation at night and lighting has been adjusted for better visibility.
- Shadow quality and distances have been dramatically improved. Buildings have been replaced with richer and more colourful versions with higher quality models and textures.
The team also put together a new blog, welcoming fans back to Seacrest County, home of over 100 miles of winding roads, for the ultimate thrill-seeker, whenever chasing or escaping.
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered comes complete with enhanced visuals, cross-play multiplayer support and all of the main DLC, which adds 6 more hours of gameplay and 30 more challenges.
The Autolog tech also returns for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, allowing players to connect with friends in head-to-head asynchronous competition, instinctively delivering and recommending challenges based on their results. The Autolog feature also enables players to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges with cross-platform multiplayer, giving players the opportunity to compete with each other across any platform.
- RACE YOUR FRIENDS WITH CROSS-PLAY AND AUTOLOG – Bolt down the winding Seacrest County roads headfirst in racing that is socially competitive at its core – now with cross-play support between PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch! The groundbreaking Autolog connects you and your friends in head-to-head pursuits and races and instinctively delivers challenges based on your friends’ activities.
- ENJOY LOADS OF EXTRA CONTENT AND UPDATES – Get all the additional main DLC delivered at launch including an extra six hours of gameplay and more than 30 challenges. Brand new achievements, wraps, car colors, reduced hard stops, an updated photo mode and gallery, and multiple quality of life updates create an even more well-rounded gameplay experience.
- DRIVE EXOTIC SUPERCARS WITH WEAPONS – Drive the world’s most desirable supercars on both sides of the law. Bust suspects in supercharged cop interceptors enhanced with tactical weaponry, or level the playing field with counterattacks and defensive maneuvers as an elite racer. Strategize to gain an edge over the competition, no matter what side you’re on!
- CHASE AND ESCAPE TOGETHER OR SOLO – A deep and fully-defined single-player career delivers the action of both cops and racers, with a seamlessly linked multiplayer experience across all race modes. Take on friends or play through the career solo to earn Bounty and unlock new cars, weapons, and equipment.
- EXPERIENCE A TIMELESS RACING GAME WITH ENHANCED VISUALS – Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit Remastered delivers a timeless racing experience updated for today’s generation of hardware with enhanced visuals. Play in up to 4K/60 FPS and enjoy improvements such as higher-res models, shadows, and reflections, more objects and props, longer draw distance, boosted textures, more particles, and improved AA/SSAO.
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered is scheduled to arrive on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on November 6. Nintendo Switch fans will need to wait another week, as it releases on November 13.