Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered patch #2 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning. The new update will feature a new wrap editor, improved resolution, performance and more.
Racers on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X version, will see an improved 4K resolution at 60 FPS. Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro fans will get 4K resolution, uncapped at 50+ FPS.
The brand new wrap editor is similar to the one found in Need For Speed Heat. It will allow players to create detailed designs and custom liveries for any of their vehicles.
User will be able to choose the wrap editor or pre-made wraps from the color picker in the showroom. Making your own wraps can be time consuming, so they offer pre-made ones you can apply.
Here are some of the functionalities in the new wrap editor:
- Player-made wraps are personal only – they cannot be shared between players
- Customized wraps can be seen in online races, including in cross-play
- The decal limit for each wrap is 300 decals or 100 MB, whichever is reached first
- Functionality to report inappropriate wraps has been implemented at the end screen of a multiplayer race.
The team will also include some bug fixes and tweaks in patch #2, check out the patch notes below.
- Added the Wrap Editor functionality
- Added a decal editor
- Enabled customised wraps to be seen in online races
- Implemented a reporting functionality for wrap content after the end of an online race
- Implemented a new Maximum Setting mode for Gen 4+ and Gen 5 consoles. This allows the game to run in 4K60fps on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, and uncapped to 4k50+ on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X
- Overall stability improvements and memory usage optimisation
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash during the “Protect and Swerve” event, when entering the menu during a collision and restarting the game
- Fixed an issue that could lead to the title crashing when too much autolog data was retrieved from the server, for example by having many friends that raced the same tracks as yourself.
- When changing from Interceptor to another game mode, the lobby should no longer be locked to two players
- Cars should no longer spawn on top of each other during multiplayer Most Wanted events
- The correct PSN icon is now showing in the Friends menu
- Fixed an issue where not all player positions were shown during a multiplayer Most Wanted event in a full lobby
- Corrected the position of a floating patch of grass in front of the Seacrest Tiki Motel
- Fixed a corrupted frame that would appear during the Sand Timer race event
- VoIP settings are working more reliably, and the VoIP icons are displayed correctly
- When unlocking a specific event, the correct cinematic should now be playing
- Fixed a few instance to better align UI elements
- Joining a friend via “Join Session” should now be working as intended
- Fixed an issue where the title could crash when switching controllers when the Xbox menu was open
- Fixed a rare occasion where players could get stuck in the transition from lobby screen to race
- Optimised autolog reporting functionality
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered patch #2 is scheduled to arrive at 4:00 AM ET tomorrow morning.