Matt Bertz, over at Game Informer, has posted their NBA 2K18 hands-on impressions, which include plenty of details about the upcoming game. Topics include enhanced player accuracy, revamped player motion, smarter shooting, deeper passing controls, dirtier paint play, freer ball physics, better defensive coordination, coaches matter and so much more, including a little tidbit about MyDynasty? We’ve posted a few details from the article below, but be sure to read the entire article here.
- The team created a new physics-focused system that always accounts for a player’s size, acceleration, and speed before compiling the animations available in a particular circumstance.
- A new shooting feedback system gives you the context to understand why your shot did or didn’t go in.
- This year you can control where the pass goes by how long you hold the basic passing button.
- Visual Concepts also put a lot of emphasis in opening up the triple threat possibilities for skilled big men.
- When the ball does pop free, there’s all this cool stuff that can play out. Guys can get shoved while they are chasing the ball down for a loose ball foul.
- Visual Concepts is making sure the lazier defenders stay true to life via a new system they jokingly refer to as “artificial stupidity.”
- System proficiency also plays a role in roster formation in MyDynasty…